Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: How to tune your scanners

Quote Originally Posted by Buffo View Post
    On the other pics, it appears that you X scanner has a tad more gain than the Y because the circle is larger in that dimention. However, you did mention that the Laser Media test pattern looks OK, so the difference in the circle could be that you've got a little less LF damping on the X.
    I feel that the circle could be rounder by tweaking size and damping just a bit more. But like you mention it is a balancing act and trying harder can throw you of balance and it will take a real effort to get back to the sweat spot you were just a minute ago. So i chose to stick with this for now.

Still, the rest of the pictures look fine, and I *really* like the Heinekin logo! (I had a few Peroni's last night, along with 4 or 5 of the Sam Adam's Cherry Wheat... Pity I don't have those logos in ILDA form. )
    I guess it is time to show off my conversion software then see the attached.
    Both are a bit of a fast job to be displayed at 30K. Hope you can load format 3 otherwise the colors will be off because it uses a non-standard palette (hardcoded for now).

Looks like you've found your sweet spot though. Well done. (Have you fired up your game software yet to see how that looks?)
    Well laseroids got me started retuning because the asteroids shapes didn't open right. Now they do!

Again thanks, Adam, for that write up.
    Z.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Cool

Hi Zoof;

Thanks for trying, but I couldn't load those files with any of the software tools I have. Pangolin said it was an empty file, Mamba said the index was out of range, and both Anarchy and the Alphalite software said it was an invalid file.

Oh, well. It's the thought that counts!

Adam

Oh.... well thanks for letting me know. The files seem to work with LDS never had trouble loading them into Mamba when I was still using that.

Index out of range.... Would that be color index?

Beam Sculptor used to report the same error if the frame had points outside the maximum area it could work with. Could it be a similar problem?

Well, I need to review my write-ilda routine again and adapt it to format 4 and 5. Those files are format 3, might be causing problems too.
    Does the skull image load in your software or same problem?
    It is in this thread:
    http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...ead.php?t=3673

Would you try this one too, it is format 0 assuming the 64color standard palette.
    thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Zoof; 01-13-2008 at 08:09.

Hey Zoof,

THe skull works in Beam Sculptor and Mamba Black 1.90, the two from this thread open in Mamba but do the out of bounds error in Beam Sculptor and the newer version of peroni above works in both!

Hope this helps,

Matt.

Gento's Reader says it's format 0 and loads perfectly.

OK, thanks. It has got to be something with either the color palettes or the format 3 header. Those are the only differences between the files.
    Would really like to know if Pango users can open the skull file and second peroni version.

Cool

Stuck at work right now, but I'll give it a shot when I get home later.

Also, I'm still running an older version of Mamaba Black (Version 1.8 something - whatever shipped on the CD last year... I never upgraded it after I switched to Pangolin.)

Adam