Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New LSX show "440 Analog"

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Default New LSX show "440 Analog"

made yet another LSX show. this was made primarily by using output from the lissajous editor as the source for effects. i was trying for more of an old school analog knob box feel on this one.

enjoy!

suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

I LOVE this! This is one of the best I have seen in a long time. It is very organic and gets away from the center perspective. The lumia are very nice as well.

Best yet swami, you nailed the look n feel, that I have scene in the oldest tapes and system I've been playing with this weekend.
    leading in trailing technology

Awestruck! Amazing Swami

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    made yet another LSX show. this was made primarily by using output from the lissajous editor as the source for effects. i was trying for more of an old school analog knob box feel on this one.
    Nice. And deeply psychedelic.. Usually associated with drugs, that notion, but not by me, instead, I'll ask: Do you read science fiction? Until my sight and use of computers combined to make reading books unenjoyable for me, I used to read enormous amounts of SF. Videos of it do not come close, nowhere near, to the kind of visual intensity that comes out of good SF books where mind has to make all the visual stuff it wants, based on the words. Some of those books triggered some visions that felt like that video. And so, extremely weirdly, did a night in October 1983 with Amebix (the band) in a temporary squat in a house that had some weird fungal infestation. We never found out what it was but damn near everyone that night had repeated and almost overwhelming lucid dreams triggered by its spores. I had two dreams. One of them was a lot like that show, but not in form, just in sensation, and the vivid lucid motion in it. The colour intensity too, though it was simpler than your show. (The other dream was far more complex, surreal natural scene, a video projector would be needed for that one!). If I ever get deep enough into lasering, I'd like to make the simpler into a show because lasers could likely generate on a scale that conveyed the vastness of it (some kind of deep space weirdness with columns and umbrella-like branches of coloured light), but I have no idea what the requirements would be. Probably at least three to five projectors, although in some ways it was a simple form, maybe one fast one might do it. Lots of repeating patterns, for one thing. I won't try to describe it exactly, it would take too long and not mean a lot, though it did help entertain a room full of people when I described it verbally that morning. There is only one science fiction writer I know of with that same intensely kaleidoscopic visual quality. Early writings of Samuel R Delany. Maybe a few others, but he could do it in book after book. I tried once to do it myself, in a poem. Only a few verses, not much to go on. I found it easier to put those feelings into sounds, but never managed the visual detail that way, obviously. Anyway, whatever drives you to do this, it's working. It's more than pretty light.

I don't know why I wrote all that, but I can't think of a better response than to try to describe that response in full. And to ask what I did. I'm curious about what is behind this exploration.

Swamidog, the lsx abstract master...i can look at this shiz for hours:O
    I have no idea how you make stuff like that. I only seem to make basic crap, if i try to do more it gets messy and ugly.
    You are unique! Just like everyone else...
    Mum: What do you want for breakfast? Me: Lasers Ofcource!

I've watched this 5 times now - once for breakfast - highly nourishing

The_Doctor: You are right, this show either triggers stunned silence, like in my case where all I could do was watch it again, or a response like yours, a metaphor that somehow describes an unworldy experience in the same realm of cognition.

Keith

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

While it's all good, 2:36 to 2:58 was especially impressive to me now that I'm actually learning and exploring abstract generators and show creation and so forth.

Nice work!

best moments

1:30 - 90's rave video on amiga
    2:35 - floating rings, dim as they vanish far in the space

I give you an "A" for 440, which is quite appropriate yes?

Just wondering, there has to be a way for us Pangolin hardware users to also try LSX?
    This space for rent.