Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My first Laser.

Cool

Damn you, JV AIWAS!

$250 for a pair of guns. Just $125 a piece. Hell, that's less than I paid for my first Paintball gun. (And considerably less than I paid for my Angel. Hell, my loader cost more than that!) I could buy them and hide them in the garage...

No can do though. My wife would divorce me for sure. She still remembers Q-Zar, and how it sucked up every last bit of my free time back in the 90's.

Sigh...

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by Buffo View Post

So you've got 4 working Q-zar guns, eh? Do you have the sending units for the energizers too, or do you just set the guns up for solo stun play?

Adam
    we have two of them, they're called "Network units", and can be configured to be an energizer, a base station, and something else, but I can't remember what that is. we also have the software for it (Dos only). I'm looking for a dot matrix printer so we can make the scorecards.

for awhile we had it set up in the back of syds blazer. one side was the red energizer, one side the green. Unfortunately, with the b.s. in this country being what it is, it's not really even safe to run around outside and shoot at each other even if you're wearing a big, brightly colored plastic vest. though that doesn't really stop us as often as it should. as it stands right now, the packs need new batts, a good once over,and some serious IR alignment, but that is really only a couple hours of work, I Plan on getting the system up and running again when Im the same country as it is.

*EDIT*
    $250 for two working packs is a damn good deal, I'm half tempted to buy them just to bump our numbers up to 6. if the packs are in the condition shown. they say that those two packs aren't the ones you'll get. I'd ask the seller if it is possible to tighten down all of the screws on the gun chassis, as those are the first things to go. Also what the condition of the charge plug and fuse holder are. however, the packs in the picture look to be in great shape.
    Last edited by Mr.Coffee; 01-08-2008 at 19:23.
    "TO DO IS TO BE" - Nietzsche
    "TO BE IS TO DO" - Kant
    "DO BE DO BE DO" - Sinatra

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Coffee View Post
    we have two of them, they're called "Network units", and can be configured to be an energizer, a base station, and something else, but I can't remember what that is.
    Yeah, they can be configured as bombs too, though that's pointless because you can configure a spare vest pack as a bomb too. Still, it's damn cool that you've got a working setup like that. It's probably a good thing we aren't neighbors... I'd be knocking on your door all the time asking if you could come out and play Q-zar!
    we also have the software for it (Dos only).
    There was a Windows release for Q-zar Elite... Wonder if it would work with the older hardware? (Elite had red and blue teams, and a few different game modes.)
    for awhile we had it set up in the back of syds blazer. one side was the red energizer, one side the green.
    Man, that sounds like too much fun!

Ok - I broke down and googled Q-zar to find the closest location that is still operating. My choices are Atlanta or Tampa. Damn - that's a long ride just to play laser tag. Mabye I'll get back into paintball instead...

Adam