Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Emergency Stop Switch Source?

Default Emergency Stop Switch Source?

Anyone have a good source for an emergency stop switch (e-stop) that won't set me back a small fortune?

I looking for a mushroom type for use as a kill switch, that cannot be reset without the use of a key. I've recently purchased one from HK on eBay, but it didn't make the trip to the US, as it was damaged in shipping.

I've found Osrom & Rockwell, but would prefer to not spend $60+ per switch. I'd welcome any source for surplus, if anyone has found these or has any available for sale. Thanks.

I purchased 4 from a seller on eBay not too long ago. I haven't received them yet but I will let you know how it goes once I get them. They are just like you said Key Switch etc.

These are also coming from Hong Kong from user "chaudiolab Multi-Store" (no its not a link just copied and pasted and the formating stayed )

Hopefully it wont be much longer...

Quote Originally Posted by Displaser View Post
    Anyone have a good source for an emergency stop switch (e-stop) that won't set me back a small fortune?
    Hey Greg -

Uhh, well, not to monopolize or anything, buut...

I'll have to verify the locking mechanism, but it came from the same sys as the lumias, which was fully-certified...

PM-me if yer interested...

ciao

-J
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC07392.JPG  

....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Just my opinion, but......
    I wouldn't trust a $12 locking emergency stop switch from china.
    The seller mainly sell $2 peices of tat, I expect the switch is of simular construction.
    Surely your $1000+ projector warrants a suitable switch.

Jim

Jimbo, while I understand your concern, since of course you do make a point. I think that is hard to justify considering almost everything on most of PLs users projectors are made in China. Just because it is an E-Stop button doesn't make it any different. Also my design actually has several other safelocks, so personally I'm not worried Mine is all designed around redundancy. The interlock system I have been planning for about 6 months now, and I am finally starting to design the PCB that I am printing for it. I'll be sure to post some pictures of the final product... and a few pictures of my projector on the way there.

-Max

Well I got them today, at first glance they seem as though they will suit my purposes like I had expected.

I assume these are the same style E-stop switches you tried to get?

-Max

Quote Originally Posted by mliptack View Post
    Well I got them today, at first glance they seem as though they will suit my purposes like I had expected.

I assume these are the same style E-stop switches you tried to get?

-Max
    Max,

Take one apart - the base at the cylinder on the one that I purchased is potted metal. The mount for the retaining screw sheared off in shipping.

I didn't expect this to match the same quality of a "high-end" switch, but have my doubts about anything that broke as easily as this, considering the minimal evidence on the packaging.

My concern would be using this for a show and having this break when it is pressed down with any force...how do you recover in a timely manner without tearing stuff apart?

Still looking, but I believe that I will wait until I can find a more robust replacement. Note - your switches were from another vendor however. Let me know if you find anything that looks like these will fair better than in my experience.

Greg

Hmmm I dont see anything like that... I will try to post some pictures of the units I purchases sometime in the near future.

hey guys-

i just ordered a few of these and they work great. pretty cheap too. its a 2 part mechanism, the operator (mushroom switch part) and its a "twist to reset." and the actual electrical switch part. (the box with contacts.) its a NC switch (obviously)

if anyones interested lemme know and ill give the part #s and everything.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MUSH SWTCH 001.jpg  

MUSH SWTCH 002.jpg  

MUSH SWTCH 003.jpg  

another cheap source of an emergency switch could be a fire-alarm pull panel... the type you pull down have a button behind them that is usually NC until the box is pulled... then you need a key or torx driver to open the box which resets it...

like this

http://cgi.ebay.com/Siemens-Pyrotron...QQcmdZViewItem

would be kind of cool to put this image next to it