Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone interested in OLLEM

Default Anyone interested in OLLEM

The OL is for OnLine. We use Netmeeting at work all the time for communicating and demoing stuff across the country and even across the planet. It works pretty well and it's free. It has has audio and video and you can share your desktop. So, I was thinking it might be interesting to occasionally set these up. Maybe different people could take turns hosting and demoing the software they have or something like that. Obviously, it wouldn't be any good for demoing laser shows because of the refresh rate issues but it could still be fun.

NetMeeting is part of Windows XP but not Vista. Vista has some other technology but it isn't in XP. So that is a bit of a problem since I am sure we have users on both systems. Are there any other free applications that could be used?

Anyway, it might be fun. It's free so why not?

Thumbs up

I'm down. I have mentioned this before but did not get any interest. My only problem is I have an EvDO aircard for my connection and the upload speed isn't too great. 300k if I am lucky. My DV camera works with netmeeting though. Good quality and a poor upload speed should make for some interesting frustrations. I have always wanted to see if it worked though.
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Sounds good. DZ is also interested. We need to figure out all the issues with firewalls and stuff, though. More to follow...

Netmeeting can be copied to XP and it works, I've tried it. Depending on how this software sets up the network, the 'hub' may need to be high bandwidth. I can offer this, we should run some tests to see the connection max.

Do you mean copied to Vista?

Cool

I've never used the video features of Netmeeting, but I've had limited sucess with voice only connections. I'd be up for giving it a try though. Don't have a webcam, but I've got a TV wonder card that will digitize video in real time, so I should be able to do video with nothing more than my camcorder... Bandwidth should be OK (cable modem), so yeah, why not?

Adam

Question

Anyone up..? and down for a test?

Lightbulb

I got a call going... PM me fpr an IP...

Question

Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis View Post
    Anyone up..? and down for a test?

still there? I'm up.