Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: UK Laser Meet - who's bringing what kit??

Chris
    Fear not if you think your kit will be inferior
    1/ we all have to start somewhere - my first 'projector' was a hene held to a piece of chipboard with pipe clips. It shone onto 3 motors with mirrors on that were also held with pipe clips! Classy. but it gave me a kick.
    2/ I am a great one for making stuff. Even if I can get it cheap I like to make stuff as that to me is part of the enjoyment of the hobby. So as far as Im concerned your home brew will have as much kudos, if not more to me than a bought in ready built pro widgemathingy. DIY is good.
    3/ no matter how ameteur or cranky your kit may seem - people will want to see it and be genuinley interested in it.

Bring it along

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by badger1666 View Post
    by the looks of what poeple are bringing to uklem i think i might be a bit embaressed to bring my pathectic home made projector ....
    Some of us havent even got that !!!! Yet !!! Last year I was just a helper, bur really enjoyed having good nosey at everybodys kit... Looking at peoples home made projectors and learning...is what prompted me to to recently buy a 150 mW 532 diode, 'there are many like it, BUT this one is mine'....and its coming with me to this years UKLEM!!!! so you gotta bring your projector...its yours be proud of it ...some of us are still thinking about it !

Kev
    Move toward the light!

Originally Posted by badger1666
    by the looks of what poeple are bringing to uklem i think i might be a bit embaressed to bring my pathectic home made projector ....

Every projecoter on the day has its own value , and we all know from hard experience the sweat that goes into them

There were quite few home made projectors last time but UKLEM inspires and offer the contacts to suppliers and help to improve on design if thats whats required .....

Personally as the years develop i imagine UKLEM with become a twin edged sword .....especially as projector parts and ready made projecotrs drop in price .....with both projector building being a major part and i think software use/frame design will eventually beome a lot bigger part ...its early days and we have hardly touched it ....hopefully this time round we will get more time to drool over actual shows as last time it was mainly projector peering

See ya Alll soon

PAUL
    In the beginning there was none. Then came the light - #1 UKLEM - 2007
    BUY UK LEGAL LASER POINTER :: NEW - Blue 460nm Laser Pointers

One ammandment to my kit list
    My RGB projector decide last night it prefered the days when it was RGY so the blue commited suicide
    Its on life support now and Im hoping to revive it for the meet.

Jem you are safe - the sacrificial DPSS blue has been given forth to the laser Gods to appease them for our meet.

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner

Quote Originally Posted by stanwax View Post
    Jem you are safe - the sacrificial DPSS blue has been given forth to the laser Gods to appease them for our meet.

Rob
    Sorry to hear that Rob, but i'm pleased it's not me this time ;-)

BTW, i've just sent you a PM that may help you out.

Cheers

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

I'll be bringing my 250mW green projector plus laptop, not least because some have expressed interest in seeing what the 'LaserWorld' software is like - but I have a whole bunch of lighting/video/PA kit available if there's anything needed - you just have to ask! In particular, I have an 8' x 6' portable screen (optionally front or rear projection) that might be useful, and half a dozen 4' UV striplights that go really well with green lasers...
    Last edited by greenalien; 01-11-2008 at 03:14. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by stanwax View Post
    One ammandment to my kit list
    My RGB projector decide last night it prefered the days when it was RGY so the blue commited suicide
    Its on life support now and Im hoping to revive it for the meet.

Rob
    that sucks, i was looking forward to seeling your RGB pan tilt system working
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

All is not lost yet!
    I thought it was the pump diode but a quick look this morning and I think the vandate is cracked There is still some useable area in it so I need to see what can be done or to see if I can get a replacement xtal - might not be so easy....or cheap.

Oh well the joys of the bottomless laser pit!

Rob

tell me about it. the euro lottery is 29mill tonight
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Quote Originally Posted by andy_con View Post
    that sucks, i was looking forward to seeling your RGB pan tilt system working
    No fear mate the RGB WILL be there - nearly half past midnight and im getting 53mW!
    And thats with a cracked Xtal - see pic
    still work to do
    Yipeeeeeeeeee!

Rob
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMGP2833.jpg