Thread: 100mW CW blu-ray from digikey.. who will take the plunge?

Default 100mW CW blu-ray from digikey.. who will take the plunge?

Still pricey, but getting better. 9x19 degree half intensity angle.

http://www.digikey.com/scripts/US/DK...CROELECTRONICS

datasheet

Digi-Key says they have 46 of them in stock.

So if I ordered all of them that would be $50,197.50

Yikes! a $50,197.50 antistat bag that you can hold in the palm of your hand.

And I get nervous shipping ANYTHING with Fed-EX. I would be a nervous wreck.

chad

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

lol nice find even if it is pricey personly at the moment i would spen under £200 and get this and extract the diode its a 6x blu ray burner which should give you around 80 to 100mw hell you could purchase 5 of them for the price of 1 of themheres the link.
    http://www.dabs.com/ProductView.aspx...1003&InMerch=1

Would be nice if that is the datasheet that goes to the diode in that drive!
    hmmmm

yes the all important data sheet,with a bit of luck and the money holds up i will get one in a few weeks and find out what it can do,but without the daya sheet its all guess work on the most part.

those drives seem to be a much better deal before you do the US conversion then they are like $390USD

so you could get 3 if you add like $100USD to the price of the digikey diode
    granted its still a better deal but what if its mounted very well and gets destroyed in the process that's almost $400USD A POP

--
    John
    VJ AIWAZ

Lightbulb

I can think of someone who might snag a few...
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Ah, think I'll wait for the price to come down a bit.

I wonder if high powered LDs at this frequency would make better burners because the shorter wavelength can be focused to a tighter spot. I also wonder if high powered red LDs (DVD diodes) will become hard to find as the industry shifts to blueray.

I wasn't aware of the broad linewidth of these lasers.. at around 100mW it's over a nm.

[quote=VJ AIWAZ;40352]those drives seem to be a much better deal before you do the US conversion then they are like $390USD

so you could get 3 if you add like $100USD to the price of the digikey diode
    granted its still a better deal but what if its mounted very well and gets destroyed in the process that's almost $400USD A POP

--
    John
    VJ AIWAZ[/quote
    It does not matter where the diode comes from you can still mount it wrong or kill it with static and i would sooner try it with a $400 diode than one worth over £1000, granted the digikey is the bare diode so you dont have to mess around extracting it from the unit and you will be able to get a spec sheet with it but i think its a small price to pay for what you are getting in return