Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rgb White Balance

If possible, measure the laser output from the laser and the laser output from the galvos. You'd obviously have to block 2 of the beams so that you only measure one color at a time.

Yeah, I'd prefer to see the output from the galvo's, since everyone will have different losses through dichro's and the scan head, a measurement from the laser itself will be nearly meaningless. However, hopefully someone will get it for grins.

Cool

I'm game for such an experiment. Hell, I'm even game for rematch # 2 with my Maxyz modules against DZ's 635 nm red. Though I'm confident that I'll loose my ass again. (Damn physics...)

Still, it's something we should do. We could post pics in the gallery with the power readings and stuff. I like the idea.

And Marc - re "buffster"... I can live with that!

Adam

i told my customer it was going to be a MINIMUM of about 6 weeks. possibly upwards of 8 weeks. that gets me pretty close to FLEM. (weekend of march 1 right?) i would be willing, if i can, to bring this down and have some "experiments" done with it.

i cant promise anything right now. but i REALLY wanna get to this meet. with or without this laser. but with this RGB and/or my Yag would be great!

-Marc

rematch # 2
    Rematch #2?!?!? More like number 3! Bring it on!

This will be the third time we compare the brightness levels of the reds, so that makes it rematch number 2.

And yeah, I already know I'm going to loose. But I'm a glutton for punishment, so I will "bring it"!

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by Buffo View Post
    This will be the third time we compare the brightness levels of the reds, so that makes it rematch number 2.

And yeah, I already know I'm going to loose. But I'm a glutton for punishment, so I will "bring it"!

Adam
    Doh! Good point.

The other two times we concentrated more on graphics, this time, we should see how they compair for beam shows.

I hired an Italian guy to do my wires. Now they look like spaghetti!

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

I'm gonna throw a new ringer into the mix.
    Better rename that horse in the picture Jesus II, as hes about to get resurected by this question:
    (appologies to God the Father)

Perfect White at what color temperature ? 2500K ? 6200 K ?

I used to have a color temperature meter, I'll see if I can borrow one for Selem

Steve Roberts

Nice Steve!!! I would say that a good White Light has a really high color temp in 6000+ K range, I have some metal halides for my saltwater fish tank that are at 10,000k which is a BEAUTIFUL crisp white color.

I would say that in the case of lasers a higher color temp would be better. I want a crisp color not something that looks like an incandescent lamp is making it

OF course the higher the color temp the more blue photons you will be spending, since that would usually be the limiting factor in the color temp battle. Maybe a price to Kelvin ratio would be appropriate? We could find the point on the graph where it is most economical to produce a given Kelvin rating.

-Max