Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Too much time on my hands...but cool, nonetheless! :)

Cool Too much time on my hands...but cool, nonetheless! :)

Hey Cats -

Some more 'e-fodder' for ya... got sent these little gems by a laserist-friend in the biz... each ones' 'instructions' correspond to the image # - some have imbedded instructions as part of the pic... the last one is WILD!! - works really good....

EDIT: SORRY, I forgot you can only upload 5 pix, so here are the 'best 5' :

1) The following picture is not animated. Your eyes are making it move. To test this, stare at one spot for a couple seconds and everything will stop moving. Or look at the black center of each circle and it will stop moving. But move your eyes to the next black center and the others will move after you take your eyes away from it... now, look around, CLOSE, but not AT the image... wild, eh?

2) Is This Possible?? Ask 'M.C. Escher' - he probably knows!

PS - this would probably make a VERY COOL 3D laser image - GREAT way to show off finely-tuned analog-blanking / intensity and/or the 'power' of an 8-channel PCAOM - could be done monochrome with 'shading' (tones) - cool, eh?

3) (instructions imbedded in pic)

4) You should see a man's face and also a word...

5) (instructions imbedded in pic) !!!!

.....here's somethin' else cool - same 'concept' (optical illusion), just a
    'different channel' ...

http://www.rense.com/general67/street.htm

...and I love how he's a 'smart @$$' about it (like the last one - sticking
    his foot in the 'pool'.
    ..LOL! - its' gotta be a real bummer for him when
    it rains...

...yeah, nothin 'laser', here, but again, this IS 'the Lounge', right? and besides.. some of these share scientific PRINCIPLES with what makes it possible for us to see laser shows (images) as a 'picture'... any 'newbies' care to tell us all what it is?? (PS - if you get it right, sorry, I do not have any 'brownies' nor 'stars' to give you - you'll just be 'officially cool'...)

PPS - I wonder - will these still work after an 'audience scanning' show?? (sorry - just HAD to throw that in.. hehehehe..

peace..

- J
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image001.jpg  

image002.jpg  

image005.jpg  

image007.jpg  

image006.jpg  

....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Jon
    Thanks for the post , some pretty impressive illusions there , all of which i have never seen before ..Cool
    PAUL
    In the beginning there was none. Then came the light - #1 UKLEM - 2007
    BUY UK LEGAL LASER POINTER :: NEW - Blue 460nm Laser Pointers

I once did a trace of an optical illusion with my scanner, it was hard to do at the time, I am sure having more than just red now will help out a bit. It was the 3d triangle one... I'll find pictures later. I've got another exam to study for at the moment.

-Max

Cool

The Pangolin LD-2000 system comes with a graphics show set to the music from the new "Mission Impossible" movies... It's a series of optical illusions! Very cool show.

The illusions you posted were great Jon... They had a list of like the top 10 optical illusion sites on Digg a while back, and I viewed them all. Even after all that though, one of my favorites is still the Jesus trick. (Number 5 above) Freaked me out the first time I did it.

As for Julian Beever's street art, well, what can I say? The guy is a GOD when it comes to that sort of thing. Wish I could see some of his work in real life...

Adam

err... great..

I did look into the Jesus pic to long :P
    No I se him everywhere I look in the forum ! haha

Yeah the Jesus thing waz cool.. especially 'cause the object youre looking at looks devillish..

Nothing is working for me. Nothing is spinning and nothing appearing.
    I hired an Italian guy to do my wires. Now they look like spaghetti!

"Nothing is working for me. Nothing is spinning and nothing appearing. "

Ooops looks like your cones have been lasered
    In the beginning there was none. Then came the light - #1 UKLEM - 2007
    BUY UK LEGAL LASER POINTER :: NEW - Blue 460nm Laser Pointers

Quote Originally Posted by Buffo View Post
    The illusions you posted were great Jon... They had a list of like the top 10 optical illusion sites on Digg...Even after all that though, one of my favorites is still the Jesus trick. (Number 5 above) Freaked me out the first time I did it.

As for Julian Beever's street art...Wish I could see some of his work in real life...
    Hey Adam -

...yeah, after I forwarded it to my family, I get this back from my youngest sis:

"...i'll see your 7 illusions, and raise you 1... (link). and i'm still seeing jesus everywhere i look...."

- Hahaha...she is such a cutie... (sorry, Boyz - she's vigorously married, with a second little 'ankle biter' on the way..) but the link she sent was broken, so I'll post it when she re-sends...

RE: Julian Beev... yeah, and I love his 'irreverence' more than anything... Any of you 'blokes' in the UK, there, ever see this guys' werk??

anyhoo, RE: those 10-sites - post-up, buddy! I missed 'em!

ciao
    - J
    Last edited by dsli_jon; 01-11-2008 at 00:09.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Laser View Post
    Nothing is working for me. Nothing is spinning and nothing appearing.
    Hey Doc - well ya gotta take off those OD 5 @ 457nm and OD 6 @ 523nm goggles and OD 9 filters off your head first!

Quote Originally Posted by Lasermad View Post
    Ooops looks like your cones have been lasered
    Hahahaha... good one, Paul - hey, PS - whatever happened to your EMS / WideMove investigation, there? I have not forgotten you - this 'spare shaft' is still sitting here... I just did not want you to go sending off postage for something you couldn't use, ya know? PM-me and let's catch up on it..

Cheers..

-J