Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lasever-?

My 100mW Lasever blue did die after some use..
    Dont know how old it actually was (becouse I did buy if from spec)

But I did just E-mail Lasever, sent them my blue to China..
    Give them a small but not to small, amount of $$ and they did upgrade it to 200mW.
    Including a brand new power supply with better stability

So the custom service there was just great !!
    I personally think that the customer service is almost more imporant than a tight beam !

Quote Originally Posted by liteglow View Post
    I personally think that the customer service is almost more imporant than a tight beam !
    Well said! I don't think anyone could disagree with that statement!

Cool

Here's my personal take on Lasever... They are the low price leader - hands down. If you are on a tight budget, by all means at least consider them. They will give you the most light for your buck. (How can you beat $750 for a 100 mw DPSS blue with analog blanking?)

HOWEVER, Lasever has some problems. They've had numerous failures over the past 2 years with both their DPSS blue and DPSS green lasers. They've been working on a fix for over a year. They currently claim to have found the problem, and to their credit everyone I've spoken to that has received a replacement laser recently has had no problems with them.

But it takes a few months to get enough hours on a laser to know for sure if it's going to die or not. My first one died after about 100 hours of use, while my second one died after about 40 hours of use. I've only got about 15 hours on my latest one, so I can't say yet if it will last or not.

I will say that Lasever lasers have excellent beam specs. Some of the lowest divergence measurements I've ever taken were with my Lasever DPSS green lab laser. (The only laser that ever beat it was the Dragon Laser DPSS blue that I reviewed, which was a re-branded CNI laser.)

Lasever lasers are not as consistent when it comes to the angle of the beam exiting the head. Some beams are perfectly parallel with the baseplate, while on other lasers the beam is not parallel. Likewise, the beam height is not always consistent from one laser to another. But these are relatively minor concerns in my opinion, considering the bargain price.

My biggest complaint about Lasever has to do with the difficulty I've had in getting in touch with them when I've had a problem. Both times I had to get other people involved to get the ball rolling on my return. Granted, both times I did ultimately end up with a new laser as a replacement. But both times the process took a month or more, and also cost me roughly $50 each time in shipping costs.

But even so, with all the trouble I've had, I still have to admit that the price of a Lasever is very hard to beat. So if price is *THE* deciding factor, you really have no choice.

Having said that, if you *CAN* afford to spend a little bit more, and especially if you're the type of person that would really be bothered by the prospect of tearing your projector apart to remove a defective laser (and then being without the projector for a month or more), then you owe it to yourself to look at some other brands.

Laser Wave seems to have some very nice products, and they have a helpful representative (Bridge) who checks in to PhotonLexicon regularly. Their prices are higher, but so far I haven't heard of any problems with their lasers. CNI lasers also have a good reputation, but they are even more expensive than the Laser Wave units.

Bottom line: If I could have afforded it back when I was first building my RGB projector, knowing what I know now, I would have purchased the lasers from Laser Wave and not from Lasever. But honestly, back then I would not have been able to afford it. And even now, it's very hard to resist the low price that Lasever offers. But I'm also getting very tired of taking my projector apart...

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by gottaluvlasers View Post
    anyone have a pricing list from laser wave?? i sent "bridge" a PM, but if i can browse one first, it may help.
    -Marc

we have laserwave on sale here:

http://www.lasershowparts.com/store/...atId=saleItems
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

Quote Originally Posted by gottaluvlasers View Post
    so, in your honest opinion, for COMPARABLE cost who would you use? i know you get what ya pay for, but profit margin here is dwindling VERY quickly.

laserwave? (whats their web page by the way?)
    CNI?
    Viasho?

is lasever still a BIG gamble ya think??

-Marc
    yes, here it is :
    http://www.laser-wave.com/Ehome.asp, welcome to our web.
    Here is the Laser-Wave site
    http://www.laser-wave.com/old/english/
    thanks Max, our new edition is ok now.
    Best regards!
    Bridge

Good to hear! Thanks for clarifying that Bridge!

Laserwave also has a brand new forum. It was neat to be one of the first few posters. As of now they have 12 members.

Quote Originally Posted by nanoWatt View Post
    Laserwave also has a brand new forum. It was neat to be one of the first few posters. As of now they have 12 members.
    Thanks nanowatt
    yes, the forums is only begin within a months.
    welcome to our forums too.
    Best regards!
    Bridge