Thread: Laser Software open source

Default Laser Software open source

Hi

I modified the Popelscan source code and I made an ILDA converter DAC for LPT port.
    I added text vectorizing and a primitive ILDA file type import but I didn't know how to vectorize objects (different shapes draw with point bye point).Also I didn't know to autotrace an image.
    I want to add autotrace and to draw objects (lines and other shapes vectorized with points).
    Is anybody who knows how can I do this ??
    I also modified the RIYA demo player to works with my ILDA converter DAC for LPT port.
    And now I am looking for example or source code (I prefere DELPHI) for editing laser shows.
    In the schematic diagram attached I use the PIC16f84 only for protection of communication of my software, but I never use it. You can use this ILDA converter without this microcontroller.
    Good luck
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails LPT ILDA.pdf  

Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by sinelgy; 01-11-2008 at 11:37.

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

[
    Is anybody who knows how can I do this ??
    I also modified the RIYA demo player to works with my ILDA converter DAC for LPT port.
    And now I am looking for example or source code (I prefere DELPHI) for editing laser shows.
    In the schematic diagram attached I use the PIC16f84 only for protection of communication of my software, but I never use it. You can use this ILDA converter without this microcontroller.
    Good luck[/QUOTE]

take a look at this

written by my Good Friend Mike Svob

http://sourceforge.net/projects/lfiplayer3d

Steve Roberts

What is the point of that PIC controller? It doesn't even appear to be connected to anything in the schematic.

Edit: Nevermind.. I should have read the entire post first.

It looks like you have differential outputs for the blanking control. I really don't think it should be differential for the ILDA standard, only 0 to 5V. Since you're only using TTL blanking you actually don't need any amps for this output, just connect it straight to the parallel port. Color- just connects to Gnd.

The ILDA standard does have differential outputs for color. 5v p-p. So each pin should be in the range of +-2.5v. Some DACs don't do that so that make the + pin on the connector 0-5v and tie the other pin to gnd. The result is the same except when you discount any noise.

Ah... I see now (finally managed to find the actual ILDA projector standard, it wasn't that easy). It does state that "All signal receivers must have a true differential input stage!", but the output is given as 0 to +5V which isn't a differential output. I guess it would be better to use a differential output, but I have yet to see someone actually do it (but then I haven't looked at the more professional designs yet).

Edit: Just realized, 0 to +5V can be differential too... I'll just keep quiet about anything electronics related (still learning). :P
    Last edited by tocket; 01-11-2008 at 16:53.