Thread: Anyone messed around with Lightwave (JDSU) DPSS units?

Default Anyone messed around with Lightwave (JDSU) DPSS units?

A friend of mine got a whole bunch of old Lightwave DPSS units. M210-HD-V03/06 and a couple M612-HD-V03 units.

Anyone mess around with these? They are Q switched frequency tripled lasers (355nm). I am looking at taking one and eliminating the SHG and THG crystals and makes it a more generic 1064nm laser for laser etching/engraving metals. What goes wrong in DPSS to lose power?

Stack of about 24 of them:

Stack of lasers by macona, on Flickr

mixedgas is online now Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

[QUOTE=macona;234691]A friend of mine got a whole bunch of old Lightwave DPSS units. M210-HD-V03/06 and a couple M612-HD-V03 units.

Anyone mess around with these? They are Q switched frequency tripled lasers (355nm). I am looking at taking one and eliminating the SHG and THG crystals and makes it a more generic 1064nm laser for laser etching/engraving metals. What goes wrong in DPSS to lose power?

end quote.

Usually its a combination of things. grey tracking, pump diodes shift wavelength,, and alignment. I use those wavelengths in my work and I work on ultra-fast ring cavity lasers. I have the visualization,cleaning and timing tools to take a look at specialized q-switched yags. I'll try to fix some for you, but in return I want one or two working ones.

Lots of people around here will drool over these, but few can do the work.

Watch your eyes, 1064 and 355 are merciless when it comes to retinas.

Steve

I have an extra power supply for the Lightwave 221 lasers, I might be willing to trade. The 221 is the 1064nm model with no TEC controllers. If you were going to remove the SHG and THG crystals anyway you could this power supply to power the diodes.

-George

I think we might have power supplies for some of them. Still need to pick them up. I am not sure of the status of the heads and stuff yet. There is one head that looks like it might be operational. The log sheet says it was outputting almost 4 watts at 355nm on the last mark.
    Last edited by macona; 07-08-2012 at 18:08.

I would be interested in buying?

Just need more info on them .

Contact me.

Jon

They are all sold.

Could you contact your buyer and see if they would sell me a couple of these.

Why not brooker a deal and make some money.

Default Recycle...

Quote Originally Posted by macona View Post
    A friend of mine got a whole bunch of old Lightwave DPSS units. M210-HD-V03/06 and a couple M612-HD-V03 units.

Flickr
    If these are still stacked up, I may have a use for them...please e-mail me.

Anyone happen to have a cheap power supply for a 120-02A? I have a head laying around that I want to test out.
    Adam

Hello,macona !
    Can you sell the M210-HD-V06( OR M210-PS-V06 POWER) Diode pumped laser power suppluy manual? Please email me at cdgotwin@126.com!

Thanks! Jerry