Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Galvo-driver schematic

Default Galvo-driver schematic

my galvo-driver schematic
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails OPD servo amp.pdf  

CPD servo amp.pdf  

Position Detector.pdf  

That's cool and all but what galvo amps are those schematics for?

This schematic diagram is working with my home made galvanometers but it is working with any galvanometer if you change the connector

I don't know if you can say that. Not all position detectors are the same for one thing.

Technically that is true but he has covered most. He has a capacitive version and an optical version. This will cover GSI and Cambridge as well as all of the Asian scanners.

sinelgy: I would love to see some more info on your home brew scanners. Do you have any pictures of the scanners and some test frames. Looks great!

chad

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

[QUOTE=chad;40544]Technically that is true but he has covered most. He has a capacitive version and an optical version. This will cover GSI and Cambridge as well as all of the Asian scanners.

might need some mods for the newer GSI with active current controls to the feedback.
    But Chad is right, will cover most scanners,

Steve

Yes I have a complet documentation for my works. I have 15Kpps with the amplifier that you seen. And now I finished a new sistem scanning (galvos + amplifier) and it works up to 45kpps.
    And I will give these documentations (full schematic diagram + PCB + galvanometer mechanics + technical data for made galvos) to that people who can help me with some delphi code for a laser animation software and a documentation about a firmware software for ILDA converter for USB.
    you can see more on http://www.dioda.ro/Forums.html

You keep talking about Delphi code but Delphi kind of sucks. At least it did when i was developing with it around 2001.

Unless you have your heart set on Delphi and doing your own thing, you might want to consider learning C# (or any other .NET language) and hopping on board my train. I will have some free software available soon. In fact, it already works well enough for you to adapt to it. You would just need to create a C# driver for your hardware. Actually, you could even create your driver using Delphi and expose it as a normal windows DLL. Then I could help you write the C# driver for it. You won't have any trouble learning C# if you know Delphi. You can even download a free version from Microsoft that should do everything you need.

I almost have my new timeline finished that allows multiple tracks/layers so that different animations and ilda frames can be mixed. It's going to be really cool.

Quote Originally Posted by carmangary View Post
    You keep talking about Delphi code but Delphi kind of sucks. At least it did when i was developing with it around 2001.
    Ummmm. Athem! Those sure are strong words about Delphi.

On the flip side of that, I would like to point out that Pangolin has been using Delphi since around 2002 and we like it far better than Microsoft programming tools. LivePRO, VST, IMU, VMU, LiveQUICK, Lasershow Converter FLASH, and our next-generation laser software are all written exclusively in Delphi, and I am sure the Pangolin users on this board can comment about the quality of these products.

In the past, we were a Microsoft-only house. But the problem is, Microsoft keeps making newer versions of the software which are incompatible with their older versions. For example, VB.NET is grossly incompatible with VB6. Even the latest version of MSVC has floating point modes which are incompatible with past modes. From a developer standpoint, and even from an ordinary-human-being standpoint, this is ridiculous that they have deemphasized compatibility with the past. Basically, I feel that Microsoft is abandoning it's users, so we have abandoned Microsoft too.

So, sorry to disagree with you Gary, but Delphi doesn't suck. And as far as I can tell, outside of the US, it's used much more than Microsoft tools (and I bet a lot of other laser software is written with Delphi too). There is better support in the form of user forums and when you compile an EXE, that's all you need.

For example, we can distribute a single EXE file that automatically will create anything else it needs on the fly. All DLLs are "internal". It creates it's own directories, database files, etc. Basically, much easier to support than Microsoft-compiled products, and no "DLL Hell"...

Best regards,

William Benner

There are some nifty things about Delphi. My main beef was with the development environment that tended to crash or simply act weird at various times. We used Delphi to create control code for $300K wafer sorters. So, I know it is certainly a capable language... much more so than VB6 and below. But, compared to the current suite of MS offerings I think Delphi is pretty weak. The semi companies I deal with like Intel, AMD, ST Micro, etc, are all embracing .NET languages such as C#. Most of the companies I deal with are in Asia these days... and they are definitely onboard with MS. Except for the work I did with the wafer sorter, I have never seen Delphi used in anything mission critical. If you check the employment want ads, you'll also see that demand for MS is strong but rarely do I see anything requiring Delphi skills.

I've been using C# since around 2003 or so and it blows Delphi away in terms of the enviroment and support.

I'm glad you are happy with it, though.
    Last edited by carmangary; 01-19-2008 at 14:11.