Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FB3 small image size??? Help!

Rich,

You say it is a small image being scanned. Can you tell us the exact scan angle that you are operating at with the FB3? What might be ILDA standard might look 'small'

Also I am sure you have tried adjusting the scan settings in the software? What software are you using with the FB3? When I use the FB3 software I can get HUGE projection zones compared to when I use the LA Freak software.

-Max

Hi Max,

I will try and post a scan angle tomorrow. I've tried using all pieces of software that comes with the FB3 but mainly LiveQuick. I've set the projection zone as big as I can.

I would say the image is half the size of that that my Intro puts out.

I thought it was something to do with the voltages but the new FB3 has differential outputs as pointed out by Buffo. So there shouldn't be a difference. Wierd

Cheers

Rich

I have the older version of the FB3, and I can get a pretty decent scan angle. I am just worried that you are trying to push the scanners too hard...

Hint,

You always get a faster answer about Pangolin equipment, by writing to Pangolin directly...

www.pangolin.com/contact

But maybe that takes all the fun out of it...

Best regards,

William Benner

Haha... maybe it does lol...

I know you work late but every time I call I always get the answering machine. Maybe I should start leaving messages when I call at 3am....

Hey Bill,

I thought of that but as it was the weekend I thought I'd try the forum first!!

I'm sending you a message now.
    Cheers
    rich

Ok, so from 1.5m away I get an image size of 30cm. so thats a scan angle of 11.42 degrees which would explain why my circle on the ILDA 30K test pattern is slightly out.

What it doesn't explain though is that if both the FB3 and the Intro card have differential signals then there should be no change in image size.

I'm confussed

Rich