Thread: Laserworld Package 1 vs Mamba Black

Default Laserworld Package 1 vs Mamba Black

So just as I was about to buy Mamba Black I found this Laser World Package 1 software on ebay for about $700.

Anyone have the opp to try both and have an opinion of which one is better.
    I plan to be running an rgb and 2 greens with which ever software I choose.

Thanks!
    Have a good one -

Matt

Hi Matt

The Laser World Software is not an uptodate version of Mamba Black although it looks very much the same

Medialas licenced an old version of mamba which Laserworld have modified for there own use ..... i dont think that its updated like the real Mamba black is .....

you can read more about the problems here

http://photonlexicon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2323

hope this helps

all the best .... Karl

thank you so much for that insight!
    Have a good one -

Matt

I also see that you can run up to 4 projectors with the laser world software. if I am not mistaken that is not possible with the mamba black software. I believe with mamba balck the only way to run multiple is to split the signal post ilda...? so really there is not seperate control for each projector...
    Have a good one -

Matt

In Mamba Black you can assign many projectors to the various tracks. Theroretically there isn't a limit set in software. Obviously you would need a DAC for each projector.

-Matt R

Quote Originally Posted by Lampy View Post
    In Mamba Black you can assign many projectors to the various tracks. Theroretically there isn't a limit set in software. Obviously you would need a DAC for each projector.

-Matt R
    Here here
    One of the major improvements that OldGrumpy has made to Mamba Black in the last 12 months is *much* better and more logical support for multiple projectors, but as Matt rightly points out you WILL need a separate controller (DAC) for each projector.

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

I'm currently using both the Laserworld software and Mamba Black, and can't see much similarity between the two, they certainly don't appear to be 'related'. I got the Laserworld software first (from Ebay, with DAC) and am still exploring its possibilities but so far, I'm happy with it. It certainly isn't 'old' or 'inferior' software as it's under continuous development. E-mail support has also been good. I haven't spent much time with Mamba Black yet but it appears to be equally capable, although the interface is more cluttered. The Laserworld software is a variant of the software called HE-Laserscan http://www.he-laserscan.de/ which is developed by the same person - there's a much better English manual on the HE-Laserscan site than the one on the Laserworld site http://www.laserworld.com/en.html, which is incomplete. The HE-Laserscan software has a lot more downloadable shows available but they won't run on the Laserworld software, even though the 2 products are so similar. Another point to watch is that both the Laserworld and HE-Laserscan software will only work with the DACS supplied with them, as the necessary dongles are incorporated in the DAC. As both these products are developed in German, in some cases the English translation is less than perfect!

Yep .... i take my comments back .... looks nothing like MBlack or any of the earlier vesions i had ...

maybe they no longer use Mblack as the basis of the software

all the best ... Karl