Thread: Argon Ion multiline...separate line??(and AOM)

Default Argon Ion multiline...separate line??(and AOM)

Hi...
    I have buy one laser argon ion 5W ALC68x.
    For separate line i need dichro..are ok??
    I need separate 2 line,blue and green1 (argon multinline have 7 line total)

I need know power of blue line and green1...are possible know whit matematic formule the power of line?? (approx)

I need 2 AOM (medium qualiti) for blanking line blue and green1 (i use 2 scanset),you have idea for link for buy this material??
    thanks
    Scuse me for my little english
    .:irektor::

Cool

Hello direktor;

The ALC 68B is probably only going to give you 2-3 watts, not 5. 5 watts is absolutely *best* case, with a new tube that was hand-picked to be the best of the bunch. Even so, it won't last very long if you run it that hot.

A dichro will reflect green while passing blue (or the opposite, depending on which one you buy), so yes, you can use a dichro to separate the blue and green lines. You'll also need another one to combine them again after you go through your blanking stage. (Unless you wanted two separate beams.?.)

You can expect 40 % of the total power output to be on the 514 nm green line. The 488 nm blue line should give you about 32% of the total power. The rest of the power will be spread out among the remaining 5 lines. (See Sam's laser FAQ for the chart that these numbers came from.)

AOM's are often found on E-bay for very cheap prices. Keep your eyes open. If you have to buy one new, it will be much more expensive. Before I bought a new one, I would consider buying a used PCAOM, which will eliminate the need for the dichro to separate the color lines. (The PCAOM will give you color control over either 4 or 8 lines, depending on the crystal and the driver.)

Adam

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

without boosted cooling, I'd only run that 68 tube at 10-15 amps CW

the 5 watt sticker is 2 x the maximum overload output power, not the design value.

Steve Roberts

This is new to me. So you need to split the multi-line before you go blanking? Does this mean on a white light, you'd have to split all the colors again before blanking?

I thought it would be simpler to have one blanking circuit rather than having 2 or 3 simultaneous blanking devices.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffo View Post
    A dichro will reflect green while passing blue (or the opposite, depending on which one you buy), so yes, you can use a dichro to separate the blue and green lines. You'll also need another one to combine them again after you go through your blanking stage. (Unless you wanted two separate beams.?.)

Nanowatt,

if you use a PCAOM then you dont have to split the beam into the single colours. if you use only a AOM, you have to split the beam from the laser into blue and green and use 2 AOMs to blank the lines.