Thread: Well here it is!

Smile Well here it is!

Well, thank you to all of you for all the information that I have read and learnt bt reading through this forum.

I've finally put together (albeit not quite finished) my 240mW green projector. It still needs a shutter, keyswith, and interlock system. I've ordered the bits and I'm now just waiting for the delivery.

It forgot to take pictures during construction as I was too excited to get it all working so I could 'play'

So here are some pictures.

Thanks for all the advice, again

cheers

Rich

oh bugger, I need to search and find a way of uploading pictures! doh

I'll post again shortly.

I hope this works
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC00106.JPG  

DSC00107.JPG  

DSC00105.JPG  

DSC00108.JPG  

DSC00109.JPG  

And a few more. These are of my FB3. I only had enough room to put a DMX IN XLR inplace. I'm not really planning on using DMX but I thought I have the option. I can always split the link inside the XLR plug if I need to run it with other fittings.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC00110.JPG  

DSC00111.JPG  

Nice job, good buddy.

Cool

Hi Rich;

Thanks for posting the pics. (We like pictures!) You've done a great job so far.

Now, how about some pics of that thing in operation?

Adam

I've tried taking some pictures of it in operation but they didn't come out well at all. The only camera I have at the moment in on my cell phone.

I will try and borrow a camera over the next couple of days and see what I can capture.

Cheers
    Rich

Quote Originally Posted by padi.instructor View Post
    I've finally put together (albeit not quite finished) my 240mW green projector.

So here are some pictures.
    Hey Rich! - Nice job brother! And yeah, if this is the kit your friend will bring down 'south', like we were chattin about, you should be all-set with 'Aduana' (customs) - I don' think they'll hassle you at all...

Good show, mate! - BUT I GOTTA ASK - is that a SHOWER DRAIN COVER you're using as a shim for the galvo mount-block?????

IF so, LOL, that's great! - but don't get mad for the razz - on my first enclosed projector, I built everything into a steel tube, that was used as an 'airlock' for those money-transfer vacuum-tube systems, (like in Banks) cause it was real tough, and had a welded-on handle, and a great 'door' for access, etc - but the COVER PLATE I made-up for the front aperture - was a LID FROM A JAR of 'NOXEMA'!!!!! (ya' know, that pastey-crap women use to clean their face, etc) - HAhahaha!! seriously 'ghetto-fab', eh?? - Hey, whatever gets it done, right? You can get 'fancy Newport' mounts once it starts 'raining quid', for sure!!

Don't have any digital pix of that unit - when I get back to NY, I'll scan the old prints I have somewhere, and post em for a good laugh... (but I will say, if I hadn't told ya, I doubt you'd have known, once you see it!)

Cheers..

- J
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Hey amigo,

I'm going with so will prob take this as a spare. Na the plate the galvos are mounted on is not a shower drainer . I'm not sure what it is infact. The mounts I got from Laserworld had fixings on the bottom which didn't help on the 6mm ali sheet I was using. I happed to find this lying around. Its about 1.5mm thick and pre drilled. The mounting holes happend to match up. So i just counter sunk into the ali for the galvo mounting block screwheads so it would fit flush. It also allowed me some movement for alignment aswell. It worked better than I thought .

I hope that made sense.

Be interesting to see your photos though.

Cheers
    Rich