Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: UK Laser Meet - Pics

Thumbs up UK Laser Meet - Pics

Afternoon All,

I know this may be a bit premature (Just doing it while I remember!) but like last time I will be making a gallery for the 2008 event on www.ukln.co.uk.

Once you have returned and recovered from your laser OD, please can you select the "decent" photos from your camera and upload them to my FTP account.

As you can see for the 2007 event I split it into 2 categories : Gas Laser (Pretty much just for robs laser) and Lasers / General.

If possible please to the same with your “decent” images.

The easiest way to do this is make a folder on your PC with your name, in this folder maybe make a few basic categories (Beams / Kit / General...)

Then copy the relevant “decent” images into each category.
    (If you’re lazy, dump all the "decent ones" you have selected into the folder with your name)

Once you have done this, just upload the entire folder to the FTP site. ( ftp://ukln.co.uk or 217.146.91.33 )

If you don’t have an FTP client installed Smart FTP (www.smartftp.com ) is fairly easy to use and free.

You will need the username and password for the account which I won’t issue here for obvious reasons, please PM me on here or E-Mail me for the access. ( aidan *@-dont-spam-me* anllp.co.uk )

I have disabled new user reg`s on UKLN because of spam bots, give me a shout if you want an account for leaving comments etc.

If you have a selection of images for the site by all means add a folder for it and ill make a gallery for it on the site. (EG a selection of high res images of robs custom optic mounts, anything useful for people to see!)

Any other questions or requirements give me a shout.

Thanks,
    Regards,

Aidan

Hi Aidan

Nothing like being 'on the ball', so to speak.

There's going to be some great kit there this time, so hopefully there'll be lots of nice piccies too

Thanks for sorting this for us.

Cheers

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

just to jump in on this thread.

please send me all pics good and bad so i can make another cd/dvd for everyone.

if poeple wanted a the end of the day they could just load their photos onto my laptop, or send them at a later date.

cheers
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Quote Originally Posted by andy_con View Post
    just to jump in on this thread.

please send me all pics good and bad so i can make another cd/dvd for everyone.

if poeple wanted a the end of the day they could just load their photos onto my laptop, or send them at a later date.

cheers
    Hey Andy

Brilliant! I loved the disc from the last meeting - Great work.

All these people prepared to put in so much effort, that's what makes this group so special

Cheers

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

yep sure does.

i get the feeling ill have the most pics and vids again LOL.

as there is going to be 40 odd people i may want a few quid for disks and postage etc.

depending on the size, i may end up doing a dvd for the video that will work in dvd players and a cd with all the photos on.

we will see
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

If you have a CD of pics from the last meet then I'd be willing to take it off your hands at the meet for a small remuneration.

I never can get the damn FTP thing to work and so am missing out on tons of goodies for my eyes.........

i dont have any spares but i can do one if you want it??

just remind me at the meet cos i will forget LOL
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

damn it, I wish I could make the meet and actually meet all you guys. I'm going to be stuck at Heathrow having just returned from Bahrain and waiting to take another flight somewhere else. I still haven't been told where!!!

oh well maybe next time

Cheers
    Rich

Rich

if they cant tell you where ya going next tell them you can take a later flight to somewhere and pop over to leicester
    I can assure you it will be worth the trip!

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

It's certainly shaping up to be one of the biggest collections of enthusiasts laser collections assembled yet.

I wasn't gonna brng my own paltry efforts but seeing as Andy_Con nagged me to, I'll add a bit more wattage to the overall total.

I do hope we get a chance to switch all lasers on at some point.
    That'd make a fine piccy.
    Don't forget lads, the more the merrier.
    If just 5 of you were thinking about not bringing some gear along on the day then that would be 5 less lasers for "Le Grand Finale" pic !!