Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First Scanner advice

nanoWatt, I am in Austin. Not far from you at all, relatively.

Thats what planes are for.....

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Let's see. Laser or plane ticket, laser or plane ticket. Or bills, bills, bills.
    I might be able to next year, but I do have to plan this sort of thing in advance.

I'm sure there's stuff locally. I had a coworker (here at Citibank) who before that used to work for Paramount here in San Antonio. He did some work with the Pink Floyd laser show, which unfortunately I have never seen.

With them here, there's got to be a presence for laser gatherings.

I'd also like to see later on training courses for laser shows.

well this meet will be my training course never laid "eyes" on anything ( lol puns are funs) over 130mw ( red handheld) or 70mw green ( dx100) and i can make it for 10am - end ( 11.30pm) so this will be fun

good to have tha cat on board

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by nanoWatt View Post
    Why do all the nice laser events have to happen in the UK. I'm all alone in SA, Texas.
    We've had three events here in the US in 2007, and have two scheduled for 2008 so far, with a third one planned.

Granted, they're all aimed at mostly east coast hobbyists, but it's easier to fly to Orlando (or even North Carolina for SELEM) than it is to fly all the way to the UK. (And for the record, we've had people travel from as far away as Michigan to attend SELEM in North Carolina, and for FLEM Mark II we've got one person (PITTS) that is flying in from New Zealand!)

Then again, if you can't make it to one of the east coast meets, organize your own meet. You and Gary are pretty close, and I'll bet you there are other laser hobbyists in Texas... You could organize a TLEM! (Texas Laser Enthusiast's Meeting.) Find a venue, pick a date, and then do it.

Adam

There's at least three of us from Texas on PL now...

I'd be up for a road trip when I get the projector finished.

Greg