Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: QM2000.Net & Wireless Network

Update for esteem equipment with pangolin QMnet.

We have continued to use the system without any problems, the big test I was waiting for was a big enough concert with many people, mobile phones and other radio based equipment.

Well on 1st March we worked at a concert for chicane here in Bucharest and it was a perfect sittuation for testing.

We had two networks, one direct cabled and the other via wireless both running on pangolin Performers and laptops.

Our finding are many people see our wireless network and try to login HAHAHA. the other is when starting showtime, Designer or Live Pro we have some small delays, then again when changing zones or modifying scanner settings we get a small pause like 2-3 seconds. other than that the wireless system ran perfectly all night.

Here's a vido of the show

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMTBm...eature=related

So it works fine if you can manage with some small delays that are not a problem during a show.

Andy

if you use wireless hardware capable of running DDWRT you can make point to point wireless links that are "invisible" to other 802.11 devices... this would be a good inexpensive solution

also if you really want to go for broke Cisco makes wireless to ethernet bridges (note that they will only assoicate with cisco access points) and they can also do wireless bridging therefore making the network invisible... the ciscos also monitor the RF link and all sorts of other fun stuff... i use those ciscos a lot and they are great...

but ideally you need to see how much data your actually transfering to your QM... realistically you cant be sending more than 1gbps of data to the card even if its in a PCI slot becuase the 32bit/33mhz PCI bus is limited to a little over 1gbps anyway... even then you might just be sending small burts of data using livepro (vs a huge frame file using showtime) so i would be willing to bet that pretty much any 802.11 should work... i would aim for 802.11g since i have had better luck with its OFDM modulation dealing with noise vs DSSS for 802.11b