Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: LASERWAVE 200mw 473nm Blue Lab Laser Review.

Thumbs up LASERWAVE 200mw 473nm Blue Lab Laser Review.

Well thanks to Bridge at LASERWAVE.COM http://www.laser-wave.com/Ehome.asp I've had the pleasure of reviewing their 200mw 473nm Lab Laser, the same unit the Daedal reviewed except 100mw.
    These retail at approx 1250 euros for LASERWAVE. Firstly the package came well protected in heavy duty foam packing to protect the laser and after opening it I read the instructions that came with it.
    It's powered by 110v-250v so all I had to do was use my universal travel adapter to fire this beauty up
    Once I fired it up the beam looked very stable to the eye no signs of mode hopping whatsoever And WOW this is a very beautiful color and at 200mw it's very very bright too, after playing around for a while I shut it down so I could start it from cold and do a power reading on my Andover LPM-1 laser power meter which I will post the Graph below in this thread. The laser started up at 150-164mw and then quickly rose to above 200mw. It peaked at 220.4mw throughout a 4 hour test, the laser never went below 160mw, and once it had warmed up it stayed at 200mw most of the way.

DIVERGENCE
    I used pseudo's divergence calculator to do the measurement and the result was this: 1.2303143398648 mRd so rounding it off 1.2 mRd
    Now for the Laser show guys here you are gonna love this piece of kit and want one for your collection I know for the rest of us then 200mw of BLUE is enough to make use a little weak at the knees
    Now I'm no scientist but I'm sure that physics labs would make very good use of this fine piece of kit and at the price they ask for it, you just can't go wrong
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails S1031585 [640x480].JPG  

Thumbs up

Here's the power supply and driver unit..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails S1031587 [640x480].JPG  

Thumbs up

Here's a few shots for all those interested...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails S1031591 [640x480].JPG  

S1031581 [640x480].JPG  

S1031594 [640x480].JPG  

S1031592 [640x480].JPG  

Thumbs up

I'm new to this forum so if a mod can imbed my videos in to this forum please let me know how to do this...
    Also anything you object to please edit or delete if needed....

Regards Timelord..

Thumbs up

I also love the stability of this unit and use it to light my room up sometimes as a bedroom light lol
    Here's a power graph reading done with my LPM-1 laser meter
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Laserwave 200mw blue lab laser.....jpg  

Hi Timelord

Manythanks and welcome ... great info

Would it be possible to show the stability graph whilst modulating the laser blanking over different modulation on -off times ( TTL should be fine for this )

say 10mS, 100mS, 500mS and 5 Second cycle times

im sure a lot of people here will be interested in the results

Many thanks ... Karl

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Banthai View Post
    Hi Timelord

Manythanks and welcome ... great info

Would it be possible to show the stability graph whilst modulating the laser blanking over different modulation on -off times ( TTL should be fine for this )

say 10mS, 100mS, 500mS and 5 Second cycle times

im sure a lot of people here will be interested in the results

Many thanks ... Karl
    Hello Karl I'm no expert with TTL and blanking as I'm not really that knowledgeable with that kind of stuff. But if I get my head around it then you'll be the first to know.

Hi Karl and all
    I have just got a pair of LW lasers green 300mW and bleue 150mW - I will be doing some in depth testing and reviews - as well as bringing them along on the 3rd - I just need to get my tax return done first!

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

I look forward to your review. Blues are my favorite, but being expensive they are harder to obtain. I love the deep violet colors the most, but probably the hardest ones to get. It was one of the lines in Argon that I really liked.

BTW, those beamshots above are somewhat hypnotic.