Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Another optnext hl6545mg group buy

Default laser diodes

these diode are quiet nice , oval beam though through axixz housings but two together sorts that out though seems to be a nicer colour red than the rohms that i was using and much brighter shall put them in projector tommorrow and hopfully to get yellow would be nice to measure the power i am driving them @270ma is that to much? anyone got a link to the data sheet for these thanks again dave ,next time maybe a group buy for 635nm or are they hard to collimate?

Spec sheet on Page 4 of this thread Chris - I know cos I downloaded it 2 day
    the spec says 200mA but if 280 works....they will just not live as long though hard to say how long or short at that drive.
    And yes 635 is harder to collimate plus its practically orange and not red. You will get much nicer yellows and oranges with a deeper red but as you know there is a trade off in brightness. The idea is to have the colours as far appart as possible as this will give you a greater range of overall colours on your pallete. That 671 that Mark was selling yesterday would give a loverly colour balancce - esp with a 457 blue, but the brightness would be down. Cant have everything!

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Default laser diodes

i drove the crap rohms a@ 270ma at uklem all day and they stayed stone cold and these look like they will be the same except they kick ass in the brightness department so far very happy with them i might put one on at work and drive it at 320ma untill it stops just to see how good they are

That would be great, be sure to let us know about the results!

I would love to have like 8-10 watts of 671nm and 6-8watts of 445nm to compliment my 1 watt of 532nm... daydreaming...

Quote Originally Posted by badger1666 View Post
    these diode are quiet nice , oval beam though through axixz housings but two together sorts that out though seems to be a nicer colour red than the rohms that i was using and much brighter shall put them in projector tommorrow and hopfully to get yellow would be nice to measure the power i am driving them @270ma is that to much? anyone got a link to the data sheet for these thanks again dave ,next time maybe a group buy for 635nm or are they hard to collimate?
    Im still waiting on mine - they took the slower boat (EMS)

Are you finding the aixiz collimator's clip the beam much? I found I lost about 30mw with the Hitachi diodes - 30mw too much
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

Default Calling Phritzler

Phil, check your PM's - I have some diodes here for you

Default awesome diodes

hi guys just alittle update i have a pair of these diodes as a dual red
    i will post pics later they are in a couple of axiz housings mounted in a small heatsink the lads at uklem have seen it anyhow i was tweaking the collimating and lining up the pair looked out my workshop door and across the field where it was pointing and could see the beam on a tree 350m away andit looked very small on checking it measured 5cm wide X 3cm high @350m tight or what with the rohms i had before the smallest i could get at that distance was 10/12cm round very impressed so far with these dave, you mentioned about the axiz clipping the beam how do you check that?

That sounds pretty good Chris - now I cant wait to try some of mine

As for clipping the easiest way is to see how far from the diode the lens is - then look at the preferably dimmed raw beam on a piece of paper at the same distance. Its likely some of the edge of the long side of the beam will be outside oif the lens area. Alterantively you could remove the lens and look at how much splash form the laser is on the walls of the housing before the lens. Then you can get an idea of how much is not getting through the lens and into the beam.

Hope this helps
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by badger1666 View Post
    on checking it measured 5cm wide X 3cm high @350m
    Bloody hell... Thats only just over 1mR!! TISSUES PLEASE
    Good stuff Chris - we need some pics of this

Another way of seeing if the beam is getting masked - you can turn the power down and poke it through pretty much any lens and look at the blown up image on a wall.
    Any masking will show up as a perfectly masked/rounded edge at the perimeter of the beam and be more noticable on the fast (wide) axis tips.

If you're careful, you can cut out the "polo mint" shaped mask on the inside of the lens holder as it's only plastic, but mind the lens - and your little pinkies
    However even when I cut that out, with the Opnext diodes I still measured quite high losses, but these Mitsis seem like they have better raw divergence - which is brilliant news!

I put my aixiz lens into a cordless drill and held a razor blade to the inner plastic part as I turned it slowly. Makeshift lathe anyone? It worked beautifully! A fresh razor will cut it away like butter.