Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pondering a home show setup

I would suggest Color kinetics they make a ton of LED lights including the Icove which is a pretty nice programmable lighting system with RGB like the above mentioned ones.

-Max

I'm trying to find a particular site about the iCOVE... cant find exactly what I was looking for.

Generally Color Kinetics is a bit more expensive than most LED products but they do have an incredible line of LED based lighting.

I have a lot of experience with the Color Blaze and Color Blast units. Both of which are incredibly bright.

Look at this link here:
    http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...h+school+dance
    I've attached an image of a show I did using the color Blaze units. The trim height of the truss there is about 20 feet and it washed the floor with a fairly intense amount of light.

While I had the console and fixtures home for pre-programming my room ~12x13 feet was lit very brightly with a very intense amount of light.

The iCOVE on the other hand are really good as an accent type of lighting. They shouldn't be used as the main light source as the light can be quite disappointing. Also dont rely on the white light balance from LEDs most people find the color really ugly.

-Max

Thanks mliptack. Those in the picture are way too big for her house. I'll have to research the iCOVE, since some accent lighting is probably all we'll need. But we're still probably around 3 months away from finishing the home audio.

Well, to do parties with an RGB I'd need a variance. I don't yet want to get into all that hassle, so I'm holding off on the laser stuff.

Haha, yeah I didn't expect you to install the Color Blaze in her house, I was just pointing them out for an idea

If you need any advice/help/sale on a DMX controller solution, you can contact me. I'm working for a manufacturer of DMX software with both live-output USB/DMX-interfaces, stand-alone DMX-controllers to which you can upload programs from your computer, and also user-friendly touch-screen compatible user interface software. We're specialized in control-solutions for LED-installations.