Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Spaghetti progress

Tonight I added support for RIYA dacs. But does it work? I don't know, because I don't have a RIYA DAC. As with the EasyLase users, if you try it, let me know if it works or not. The RIYA API documentation wasn't so good due to translation issues so I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't work quite right. So, any feedback or bug reporting would be great.

Thanks,
    Mr. Spaghetti

Added support for Lumax DACs. Now supporting 4 hardware platforms:

Moncha,
    RIYA,
    EasyLase,
    Lumax

What's next?

Default What's next...

Hi Gary,

I've been watching this thread with a lot of interest.

I've been lurking for awhile and this is my first post...

I saw my first lasershow in 1977 (Fayetteville, NC), Rush, REO Speedwagon, Blue Oyster Cult. Done by David Infante. Changed everything.

I have written several iterations of DAC drivers and some show-production wannabe software. None could even lick the boots of Spaghetti.

Aaaaaanyway- I've been looking at all the lasershow software out there, especially yours. I really don't want to have to rebuild my DAC board to accomodate the different drive signals. I saw this the other day:

http://www.die4laser.com/die4dac/

with the statement: "...the DAC interface is reprogrammable over the parallel port. You can emulate any other parallel port DAC."

I thought that was a great idea. If you could implement this functionality in your software, all would be right in the world!

I'm running G120PD scanners with GS drive amps. I've got an ALC-60 with a spare head, and an HGM 4W multiline argon on the way. I'm going to sell the argons and buy DPSS RGB stuff.

So - just an introduction and an idea.

Thanks!

Tim Walters
    Atlanta, GA

I'm not really sure what you are asking. But, regardless, I don't have anything to do with hardware and can only interface with the drivers that are provided by the hardware makers. If you have a DAC that isn't supported let me know what it is and maybe we can figure something out.

Default Spaghetti DAC Driver

Hi Gary,

Thanks for the reply. Sorry I wasn't more clear...

I'm suggesting that you could put some configuration options in your code so that the user could set them to whatever he desires. For instance, X data is true on a falling edge or a low level, outputting on parallel port pin ?. Y data is true at some other point, outputting on pin ?. In other words let the user select how the DAC interface works. You could also have your pre-coded drivers for specific DACS as you are doing now.

Tim

Ah, I see what you are saying. It is an interesting idea but I am not sure how practical it is based on the small number of parallel port DACs there are. Also, I don't think the average end user would know how to configure it. I appreciate your interest, though. Feel free to contact me anytime either on here or offline if you have questions or comments.

Default Added audio waveform to layers

I added an audio waveform layer so that you can "see" the music. Hopefully it will help syncing up show. Unfortunately it is slow to compute the waveform when you open a show or create a new one (2 or 3 second delay) but hopefully I can manage to speed that up by starting a seperate thread. But, thats for another day.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails spaghetti.jpg  

WTF! Those images look very familiar!

Nice!

James.

Yea, They are nice images to test with. I don't distribute them with my software or claim them as mine, though.

wow really nice work!

keep it up, i'm very interested