Thread: UK MEET - HOTELS and beer

Default UK MEET - HOTELS and beer

Hi all

sorry to start yet another UK MEET thread ... but thought it would be better to keep this seperate

At last years meet me and Paul stayed ( well paul did not end up staying there ) at the Days inn ... just down the road from the venue

it was Crap .... infact Paul checked in then promptly checked out muttering something like " even the homeless would not stay there "

anyway .... so looking for another hotel this year i came accross this

http://www.campanile-leicester.co.uk/en/ ( £52 per night )

its even closer to the venue ... other side of the flyover

i was looking to stay Sat and sunday and drive back up north the monday

But on looking at the web site i noticed the special offers ... 3 nights for price of 2

so decided to make a long weekend of it ....

Booked saturday, sunday, monday..... £102 for 3 nights

so if anyone wants to meet up on the saturday to go out round the town for a beer let me know, marks bar ( firebug ) is buzzing in the evenings so will be good to start there

all the best .... Karl

EDIT ..... cjust had to change the dates to sat, sun, mon, due to i had forgot i was going out to an awards dinner with the wife on friday evening ... oops
    Last edited by Banthai; 01-20-2008 at 09:00.

Hey Karl

I would have loved to have met up but i am staying close to stanstead on the saturday , sunday night i am staying in leicester central travellodge , i booked about amonth ago sory ... that the caponile defo looks like a possibility for any future meets

As regards the days inn , as far as i am concerned it was a pit , and it takes a LOT for meto complain
    In the beginning there was none. Then came the light - #1 UKLEM - 2007
    BUY UK LEGAL LASER POINTER :: NEW - Blue 460nm Laser Pointers

yes it was pretty bad that hotel ...

i did write a longer post about it but ... it vanished into oblivion ( again )

getting pissed off with typing posts that dont get there now ....

SPECCCCCCC whats happennning ... buddy

Karl

Quote Originally Posted by Lasermad View Post
    Hey Karl

I would have loved to have met up but i am staying close to stanstead on the saturday , sunday night i am staying in leicester central travellodge , i booked about amonth ago sory ... that the caponile defo looks like a possibility for any future meets

As regards the days inn , as far as i am concerned it was a pit , and it takes a LOT for meto complain
    stansted

yeah i would love to make a weekend of it, but gota pick paul up from the airport so blame him
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Hi Karl, Thanks for tip about hotel! I am staying with my brother on Saturday night in Wakefield, but was looking for somewhere to stay Sunday night, so have booked a room there. I have to head south on Monday to do service visits for my company.Regards, David.

Friggin hell david !!! you live in inverness and you have to do service visits south of leicester ...sheesh !
    In the beginning there was none. Then came the light - #1 UKLEM - 2007
    BUY UK LEGAL LASER POINTER :: NEW - Blue 460nm Laser Pointers