Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Next best thing to a laser show???

daft punk rule!!!!!
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Heh the only Coemar we have are the Power Cycs which are alright... 2x 575w lamps waterproof CMY - great for random light barf. Particularly for a 40' tall statue of the virgin Mary... hmmm cant find any images of that on google images. But for those of you who have ever been to Milwaukee recently for Festa Italiana know what I'm talking about.

ShowGuns are pretty cool, heavy though! I haven't worked with them intimately yet but I was talking to my boss about them. He said that for what its worth the VL3500 weight to lumen ratio is better. But he also just got back from doing the Target Nationals convention and he said the led circle on the showgun was unbeatable.

Yeah the Hog 3 ... we have 3 or 4 Hog IPCs which are nice because you can run either software platform. That was the compromise to buying into the hog series (previously we were Avo and MaxXYZ) that we made. Because the Hog 2 was already out for a while and the 3 had its issues...

EDIT: The attached picture is the ShowGun light that we were talking about if anyones interested Imagine the ring set to red and the light also shining out red.. now you see why they were great for the Target Nationals
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails live-earth5.jpg  

Last edited by mliptack; 01-22-2008 at 03:58.

Is the other intelligent light in the pic a Robe?

I know very little about them as I do nothing but lasers. But I did a gig where they had 50 odd Robes and the colours and patterns looked far superior to the Macs. No idea about reliability, but they looked pretty sturdy..

Back to the Daft Punk thing, I have to agree with Dr Laser. I think their music is pretty poor. But the multimedia show is something else.

It would look far better with a nice whitelight laser coming out the top of the pyramid..

When they played Global the intro was from 2001 A Space Oddessy, I thought any minute now this track is gonna go nuts, sadly it didn't. I found a lot of their tunes build up to nothing really.

Robe is garbage! Robe basically started oeming for coemar.

We ordered 25 prospots from coemar. When I unboxed them to check them prior to install 5 of them were totally dead 7 other had some problem or another. We got the swapped out and of those 6 more had errors. We swapped them out and still had two with problems.

Coemar kept promising that they would be fixed and there would be no problems.. I should just should have told them to take all the crap back and be done with it.
    So we got them all working and installed them. One month later 6 of them were down due to various errors.
    They sent us 4 more to use while the others were being fixed. We ended up keeping them for rotating stock. After 6 months we have had enough and told them to come and get the shit and give us our money back. They said that no and that they couldn't do any thing else for us.

We thretend legal action so they sent one of the dealers from out of state that they liked to try and broker a deal. This dealer promised the client the world and some "new" 575 fixtures and promptly shit talked us to our client of 10 years. So we told all of them to F*off and cut our losses. Even after the new fixtures went in they had problems continually.

The week before the other dealer showed up one of the craptastic 250 disassembled itself and the yoke fell 30 feet to the dance floor. This was on the night that jokenfold was preforming and the club was over capacity. It is sheer luck that the damn thing fell in the only 3 square feet that wasn't packed, could have killed someone.

Any way these were fixtures made for coemar by robe.
    Needless to say both of these manufactures are permanently on my shit list..
    Martin has for us been the best bang for the buck and reliability. Cybers run forever so do the studio colors and spots. We still have 24 mac 250 that get pounded 6 nights a week for the last 5 years and we have only had two of them die. And those just needed a good cleaning and new igniter's.

chad
    Last edited by chad; 01-22-2008 at 07:32.

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Like I say, they looked very pretty...

But if they start falling apart and raining on peoples heads, then they are not a sound choice...

Think I will stick to custom built lasers, at least if my projector falls apart I only have myself to blame

I have seen daft punk within the last 2 years. Yeh the lights were hot but their music sucks. The only thing I will give them is that they did kinda pioneer the use of the synthesizer in a live performance. This was back in the early 1990s and it really wasnt a song more than sounds that just kinda went together

maybe is cos your all old

young people like their music
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

LOL, maybe.

I like some of the old stuff but I HATE the vocoder sound of late.

As for being old and getting 'young music' I have several hundred records, a pair of 1200mkII's, have been dj-ing for 14 years (just for fun and the love of the music).

I have also done lighting for most of the best techno acts in the last 15 years. I have also done lighting for most of the top rated dj's. I am on a first name basis with a couple of dozen of them and partied with a bunch of them after many a show. I have lit more raves than I can remember, Partially the senility and part the party favors. I get the music, trust me.

For the last few years I have been collecting New School breakbeat. Adam Freeland is on the top of my list right now for this genre. I have also been listening to a ton of this http://www.di.fm/mp3/chillout.pls
    lateley.

So any way I might be getting old (35) but I am not out of touch

Now get off of my lawn!!

chad

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Must admit at 41 going on 12 I am a bit of an old biffer, but still out there buying the underground tunes, still regularly get Mixmag..

And occasionally I have a bash around on my decks.. Pair of 1210 MK11's and pair of CDJ800's...

I like my music to have a bit of kick to it, some nice tribal beats and a thumping bassline.... Hmmm Paradise... Anything from Roger Sanchez (Funky Tribal) to Randy Katana (Turbo Nutter Hardhouse)...

One of the reasons I love doing laser shows. It allows me to still go to clubs without looking like a dirty old man...