Thread: Guest list for FLEM - sign up now!

Smile Guest list for FLEM - sign up now!

Hey people! I just got back from my trip, and I have some news that I just *have* to share... We're going to have a very special guest at FLEM Mark II in Orlando on March 1st:

Pitts (Ray) from New Zealand is going to attend! Yeah, he's going to fly over 7000 miles just to make it to our laser meet. (Well, OK, to be completely truthful he's also going to visit Pangolin and a few other folks in Orlando... Don't kill the magic though; he's *really* coming for FLEM!) Damn, I think that takes the cake for "longest distance traveled"! (I think he said it's going to take him 30 hours to get there... ARGH!)

Other esteemed guests will include Bill Benner and Haden Hale from Pangolin. (Hayden, you'd better get brewing; I've got a batch in the fermenter right now!) We may have one or two other industry representatives in attendance as well; details to follow on that soon.

So, if you're planning to attend FLEM Mark II, post it below! (Remember, we start at 10 AM and will run until around midnight or so.) If there is enough interest, I might try to organize a dinner party the night before the event (much like we did for SELEM 2007). So if you're interested in participating in a pre-FLEM dinner party, mention that in your post too!

Remember, it's just 5 weeks from now! Make your plans now, and let us know if you'll be attending.

Adam

Hey All,

I'll be there and if there is a party planned for friday night, I'd love to attend.

Mark

I should be there if i am not working.
    "Gravity its not just a good idea its the law"

I haven't been paying attention to this forum.. maybe I should show up.. I don't believe my laser is working right now..then again maybe I should try bringing it along and see if anyone is nice enough to test it since.. I do slightly suspect maybe its just my controller (alphalite ick)

*reads about FLEM*

I'll be there. So sound is covered, only bringing the usual 2 channel mixer though. Glad to hear Pitts is going to make it! There's no chance of me making a pre-FLEM dinner though.

I haven't been paying attention to this forum.. maybe I should show up.. I don't believe my laser is working right now..then again maybe I should try bringing it along and see if anyone is nice enough to test it since.. I do slightly suspect maybe its just my controller (alphalite ick)
    Yes, bring it along, I'm sure someone will get it working for you. What kind of laser is it?

Default Ray NZ

Hi Guys..

Well the monies paid and the tickets are on their way.
    I'm just down the road about 7000 miles but hey what's that when your having fun. ( hey, just figured it out its a about a dollar a mile !!)

I'm really pleased I can make it to FLEM to meet some of you. The guys on this forum are so helpful. Without all of your help I would still be trying to figure out what a Galvo is.

I must really thank Bill from Pangolin and the guys at LSDI for fitting me in at a very busy time for them, just so I can make it to FLEM at the same time as my training.
    So its a true "laser trip of a lifetime" for me.

Looking forward to seeing those of you who can make it.

You have NO idea what the penalty is for this trip (those married will well understand !!) I will be paying back "credits" for years to come. Oh my Gawd.. lawns, dishes, painting... oh well !
    In addition I have an 8 hour wait at LAX on the way home ... now that's real cruel and unusual punishment.. There's got to be a day trip somewhere in LA. I'll go and see Mickey Mouse I guess.

Cheers

Ray

I am 90% certain i will be able to attend...

i am in miami so the drive is going to be pretty long but worth it im sure

i will have my laptop along with my camera (Canon 1D) and might bring some of my audio gear since im guessing most of you are into audio

i dont know if i will have a built projector in time (about a 50~60% chance) but i should have my pangolin lite setup with the lasershow converter flash plugin (ive been animating in flash for almost 6 years now and i cant wait to see that projected in pure light!)

Smile

Flecom;

Cool! Looking forward to seeing you there! I sent you directions to the venue via PM; let me know if you've got any questions. (Don't sweat the drive man; it's not so bad. Heck, I'm coming from Charleston, SC, and even that isn't too bad...) Trust me when I say that it will be worth it!

EvoldicA;

I hope you can attend as well! I'm sure you'll have a great time. If you bring your rig, we'll have a look and see if we can figure out your technical issues. (My first controller was an Alphalite, and I still have it sitting on a shelf. It works a lot better if you download the latest software patch, which is version 1.9 I believe... That fixed the memory hole bug.) I also sent you the directions to the venue via PM.

Ok - what about a Friday evening dinner party? Where should we hold it? I'm sure there are plenty of decent places to eat in Orlando - what would be best for everyone? (Hey Paul, got any recommendations?) And what time? (6 PM? 7?) What works for you guys?

Adam
    Last edited by buffo; 01-22-2008 at 04:01.

Lightbulb

I might be able to swing by for an hour or two... If I didn't live so far away, I would offer to do a small cook out that Friday, but I do not think anyone could drive the distance back to O town, given the condition everyone was in after the Pre SELEM party at the Artist Cafe.
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Cool

Sounds good Aaron... Got any recommendations for a decent place for us to meet for chow? (Thinking a nice steak would be good, but I don't want to break the bank either.) Oh yeah, and they've got to have good beer too! (Maybe I should ask Hayden.?.)

Adam