Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: DT40 scanner problems

ok once the meet is over ill look at taking them out my scanner and sending them to you.

could you give me a rough price for you sending them back to me???

i did something a little stupid last night i applied 9v to my fb3 , it seems to be working fine but i wouldnt mind it being checked out. if i include that could you just make sure its ok? if anything is damaged let me know.

many thanks
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Hi Andy,

Occasionally I will accidentally juice 12V into a FB3 and it seems to handle it with no problem. We have on-board regulators and such. I doubt you did any damage...

Regarding return shipping costs, I have no idea. But it will be what it will be... We could ship it DHL. They seem pretty reasonable.

Best regards,

William Benner

ok cool, it seems to be working fine so i wont worry.

errrm (cough Cough) i think i owe DHL money of import tax, i will check, you may have to avoid them LOL!

would you be able to work out scan angle in relation to % on livepro?
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Andy,

You wont have to pay any import tax, as long as you can prove the goods you are receiving have been sent for repair,,,
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

if you mark it as a gift with a value of user £20 i think then its free. but over £20 they start to charge.

theres no way of marking it as going for repair, is there?
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

From what I hear you can also send it stating that it is going in for an 'under warranty repair'

-Max

I don't see how they could charge import taxes on something you already own.

Quote Originally Posted by dave View Post
    Andy,

You wont have to pay any import tax, as long as you can prove the goods you are receiving have been sent for repair,,,

Yeah, I just sent my dt40's to them via DHL express. there's an option on the waybill, in the "Dutiable shipments only" section marked "type of export" where you can check the "Repair/return" box. I believe that this means you don't have to pay as much for import and/or VAT. I think BB mentioned it earlier in this thread, actually.
    "TO DO IS TO BE" - Nietzsche
    "TO BE IS TO DO" - Kant
    "DO BE DO BE DO" - Sinatra

Just a few quick points and a few quick pictures here.

Two people sent me their DT-40 scanners to mod and re-tune. The first was someone who contacts me under the name Q. I am not sure what his real name is, or nickname here on PL, but he is definitely a PL member. He had his scanners sent to me directly from Jian. When I received them, they were tuned for 33K. I have to say, I was a bit surprised. Most of the time I have seen Jian really over-tune the hell out of the scanners, so, when I received this pair, I figured maybe Jain had learned how to tune scanners (more on this below). So, this particular set really wasn't all that bad. Nevertheless, I did my usual trick of completely removing the NOTCH filter, doing a minor mod, and then re-tuning. Actually, while I was tuning them, I also check the AGC. Yep, sure enough, it was nailed at fricken 12V. I tuned it back to 10V. The results are shown below.

The next set of scanners was sent on behalf of Mr. Coffee. Again, these too were sent directly from Jian. After my experience from above, I expected this pair to also be tuned to somewhere around 30K, but, no such luck... Mr. Coffee's were tuned for 40K and they really looked like crap. See the picture on the left. Unfortunately, this camera doesn't show how bad it was, since the thicker beam tends to mask a little bit of the problem. Nevertheless, I did the same mod as described above (complete directions are in a previous post). I checked the AGC voltage on this pair and it was correctly set to around 10V, but the position linearity was off... Anyway, after the mod, the results are shown below.

So this just goes to show you that what Forest Gump said was right. Life (and DT-40 scanners) is like a box of chocolates. You never quite know what you're going to get...

Note that after the mod was performed and scanners tuned for the proper 30K, the allowable scan angle was significantly wider than before. The mod is pretty easy and it makes the scanners easier to tune and with better results. I wish Jain would do this himself as it would improve the experience for all of his customers...

Best regards,

William Benner

i so need to send mine to you bill.

could you PM me your address?

thanks
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat