Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Laserman532 - Have Lasers...Will Travel!!! - GO MOBILE!

Quote Originally Posted by mliptack View Post
    That laser graffiti video is pretty cool. The program they use to do that is open source, or at least open to the public, cant remember which. You need a particular graphics card to do it.

Other than that it can be pretty easily re-created (if you have a projector that is).

-Max
    I think if you surf their website they tell you exactly how do do it...I almost did it..........Exactly what i need........another useless project that cost me a fortune, eats up all of my time and makes absolutely NO MONEY...

here is a short clip we made for a marketing firm that wanted laser tag for a promo thing
    i don't know about Texas but in nyc no one bothers you with video projectors we do guerilla projections all the time you can even see in the video that the nypd not only don't care but stopped to play with the laser tag setup

http://www.litstudios.com/interference

--
    John
    VJ AIWAZ

What type of laser did you use though? The projects website said they used a 50mw since the 5mw wasn't enough. But then having a 50mw in public would require a variance.

-Max

it was just a 5mw a webcam/laptop and a 4000ansi projector
    but when we do stuff like this for clients we would rent(i own the 4k) a 10000ansi projector

although we may be buying a 15000ansi next month for a job

--
    John
    VJ AIWAZ

The company I work for just bought 4 of the Barco 10Ks! And I must admit they're awesome

Quote Originally Posted by mliptack View Post
    What type of laser did you use though? The projects website said they used a 50mw since the 5mw wasn't enough.
    You never did answer my question

just a 5mw red laser pen it came in a kit

we just bought this kit to make that demo to get the job when we go live my partner is going to write the code to do this
    what that gives us is one a custom gui with a color pallet to chose from with what ever clients logo
    and most importantly it gives us the ability to use a real camera(like our hdv cam) because the kit is locked to the webcam (we tried to hack it even with the help of keytek but it didnt work out )

and we tried the grl software and it wasnt as good as this kit

http://www.magictouch.com/ViewTouch.html

Quote Originally Posted by VJ AIWAZ View Post
    Hey John - wow - so I guess the GRL wasn't as 'original' as they posture? - or did this kit come out 'post-GRL'?

HEY WAIT A MINUTE - THIS IS NOT LASERS!!!

Pm-me...

- J
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

I decided to copy and paste my original post regarding laser grafitti. I find it about as useless as tits on a broom. (actually i find tits on a broom more enjoyable)

Here is what I said...

I almost did it..........Exactly what i need........another useless project that cost me a fortune, eats up all of my time and makes absolutely NO MONEY...