Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Laserman532 - Have Lasers...Will Travel!!! - GO MOBILE!

Default Laserman532 - Have Lasers...Will Travel!!! - GO MOBILE!

Here is a fun little project for you guys. " Hey, I have a great idea...lets just build it all into a truck!" How many of you have thought about that? This is how we had to do it with ION LASERS...You guys that use DPSS Systems could build it into a YUGO!

1-5 watt argon laser LEXEL Air Cooled
    1-2 watt krypton laser LEXEL Air Cooled
    2-Sets of XYZ scanner sets with independent color modulation & control
    1-250 watt carver amp W/ Peavy speakers
    1-8 track reel to reel FM mod/demod taped lasershow playback system

Lasers and projector had a smooth ride on a custom shock absorber system

Truck towed a 40 KW silent block generator

Couch, refrigerator, microwave, tv. Custom paint job...

Ball park price 100K$

Look on peoples faces when you pulled up???? PRICELESS!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pim0186.jpg  

Pim0187.jpg  

Talking

Does "in the back of a P/U truck " count with 3 -12v car batteries and inverters?
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

Quote Originally Posted by MechEng3 View Post
    Does "in the back of a P/U truck " count with 3 -12v car batteries and inverters?
    LOL YEP if its mobile...it counts!!! Lets see some pics!!!

Hehe... I really enjoy your posts. That thing looks pretty harmless... but before you know it, it will turn the whole parking lot into a german disco!

I actually thought about vehicle mounting a laser scanning systems to show graphics on various buildings around the town. How about a message to the people on a wall of the royal castle in central Stockholm? Though it might upset some, especially the armed guards... I can see things go really bad if they think someone is target painting the building.

Tried using yours on the white house? Pentagon?

Quote Originally Posted by tocket View Post
    Hehe... I really enjoy your posts. That thing looks pretty harmless... but before you know it, it will turn the whole parking lot into a german disco!

I actually thought about vehicle mounting a laser scanning systems to show graphics on various buildings around the town. How about a message to the people on a wall of the royal castle in central Stockholm? Though it might upset some, especially the armed guards... I can see things go really bad if they think someone is target painting the building.

Tried using yours on the white house? Pentagon?
    Sounds like these guys are doing what you want to do...LASER GRAFITTI!!! THE NEW RAGE when you leave the German discos! Now it is the time on Sprockets in which we dance!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isfrCIhQ5HE

They use a video projector though! That's cheating. Cool idea though, but I'm not sure how visible it will be unless you have a really bright projector.

Ha! Thats neat, until someone steals the truck or it gets wrecked. Do you have pics of the inside? When you say the lexels are air cooled, do you mean the re-circulators are air cooled?

Saw a mobile "truck-based" rig from Science Faction Corp. out of New York years ago on a nationwide tour promoting AT&T and the history of telephony...multiple ion lasers - it was pretty cool.

I always thought that a laser billboard had potential. Probably not doable in this day and age - the sign permit requirements here in Houston outlawed anything like that some years ago, including projected images above a given height on buildings. I remember a company located in Downtown Houston that wanted to have their logo projected at the top of their building (Continental, if memory serves me)....nope.

I believe that the concern was that people would wreck their cars trying to watch any moving images.

That laser graffiti video is pretty cool. The program they use to do that is open source, or at least open to the public, cant remember which. You need a particular graphics card to do it.

Other than that it can be pretty easily re-created (if you have a projector that is).

-Max

Quote Originally Posted by DZ View Post
    Ha! Thats neat, until someone steals the truck or it gets wrecked. Do you have pics of the inside? When you say the lexels are air cooled, do you mean the re-circulators are air cooled?
    I have pics of the inside somewhere, if i find em ill post em. Yes the lexels were water re circulators. I was only barely impressed with that design. The argon would barely crack 4 watts and the Krypton would barely crack 1.2 watts. We had the vent on the other side of truck and sucked fresh air in with the back door cracked open. They were OK for this application.