Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Whats up with PL?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    I'm working on a solution... And hopefully this one wont destroy something else.

It's been a *retardedly* long day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffo View Post
    Hey Spec;

Good job dude. Things are working a lot better. (FYI folks, this problem started Sunday evening with my account. Spec started looking into it back then, thinking it was isolated to just me. Turns out it was something much larger, and he's been working nearly non-stop to fix it ever since.)

Everything is working now, though I'm getting all the re-direct messages now for every action. Never got those before except for initial log-in. Not really a big deal, just something different. But no more failed replies, so life is good!

Adam
    Spec, I figured it was something to that extent. I've just gotten into using PHP and mysql and have been doing a bit of work with it. I dug a huge hole for myself in the beginning and I screwed myself by putting one ' mark where it shouldn't have been. I ended up with errors everywhere.

I hope things get better for you.

Like Adam said Good Job!

I must say PL being down for me was like taking heroin away from an addict. I kept on trying to post but realized I couldn't so I would walk away for a few minutes then think to myself 'ohh I know what to do, I'll go on PL!'

-Max

Oops... I enabled that feature to help me see what was happening in the time between the submission and the weird failures that were showing up. No need for them now, so they have been removed once again.

You'll only see them now on submissions that require that server generated delay so everything plays nice. Search... Login... stuff like that.

Buffo: not done yet. I have to get PL's administrative nightmare, The Gallery, working again.

I am debating on to setting up a temporary "abuse me" forum when I finally wake up... I figure that a live fire course and torture test are prudent. Open all access up and let the users, guests, and spambots *try* and kill the server. It'll also serve as a good indicator of what this box is capable of.

Are you running this all off your own server?

Either way, thanks!

It one of those things that you don't realize how nice and smooth it operates until it doesn't

Smile

Damn dude... Take a break and get a nap! Things seem to be working fairly well right now. (I haven't even messed with the gallery though; figured I'd wait until you sounded the all clear on that front.) You've got to be exhausted by this point.

Adam