Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Stage 1

Quote Originally Posted by laserLips View Post
    Stan - p1t8ull - I think the mirror ball may be to fast
    Negative captain, the battery ones I have seen are quite fast (they used a noisy gearbox) but the 240v ones go as slow as 1rpm and you can get them for peanuts on ebay or here -

<http://www.terralec.co.uk/mirror_bal...m/17717_p.html>

I wonder if you could power those on 120v for a 1/2rpm

it depends Max if its a syncronous motor then its the frequency of the ac supply that determins the rotation speed - so I doubt it.

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

OK It's so big because I wanted to have lots of space for mistakes....I've never built anything like this before and not really this way inclined so space is good. Working in a small space my dyspraxia is bound to kick in and I'll clumsily knock something with my elbow. AND so I can add to it weather that be lasers or effects.

Karl - It's not the train journey I'm worried about, it's getting it too the train I can't figure out. I don't have a car....

Mliptack - I put them last because when I started this I didnt know what I was doing. I thought I had lots more red than anythign else , I thought Hmm 450 mw is way more than 100 green mw....Ill put the reds last....Duuuuuh

I couldnt help but dive in when I first discovered all this even though I didnt understand it all. Of course I'm regretting some of my purchases and decisions. If I can find the money and nerves to do it again I will make more informed desicions about my purchases and layout. It's been an expensive learning curve but one I'm glad I've taken. I am looking forward to expressing myself through photons.

Graham

Yes, green passes thru all the optics (more loss- less dollars per wW) red is next, then blue (most dollars per mW) is last passing thru the least amount of optics. That is the recommended way from 'long time ago. Sorry to have to rearrange your coffin mate..

Quote Originally Posted by steve-o View Post
    Sorry to have to rearrange your coffin mate..

Hahahhahhaaaa LOL You guys are KILLING me.