Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stage 1

Default Stage 1

Finally! I have started to build my projector...
    Took me 2 days to get this far...I'd already put the handles and feet on the sheet of alu. The past 2 days where spent mounting the scanners, optics and red maxzys to there tables / posts While tapping the wholes for the optic posts the tapper thing jammed and snapped. It wouldnt come out. I thought I was going to have to stop and give up and went bazonkers hitting the broken end with a spanner which amazingly lossened it and I was able to untwist it with pliers, take it out and still use the whole. PHEW! Aligning the reds was very diffictult because I had to put them on a bunch of CD cases to get the right angle, but I couldnt work out how to mark off where to drill so I ended up taking away all the CD's and resting the reds on the alu while lifting up the front to point in the right place, then when I was happy, put them down and marked where they laid....guess it was just luck more than anything that they line up where I want them...

The posts for the optics are not very sucure, one knock and they will pop out so not very good going there Anyway at least I've had some beams even if it's all in red. YEY!

The Alu is massivly long but I thought this will allow me to make lots of mistakes and have room to shuffle it along a bit if need be...Also it means I can add more lasers and some effects liek the bumpy glass things.

Heres a vid...
    http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?...70464410692235

Graham

Thats gonna be a big baby! looks good up to now I bet ya cant wait to get Green and blue in there.
    As for your kitchen workshop - no wonder you are not allowed to say the word laser in your house!

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Looking good Graham!!

Just be careful with those Maxyz, i've just fried one whilst messing about trying to focus it

Cheers

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Rob - No I cant wait....it's so agonosing because it's taken so long to get here and now it's taking so long to put it together...gettng there though...yeah you see why I cant say 'laser' hahah

Jem - I'm getting a big cross around my dot, I can only see it on low power. The cross appears AFTER the PBS cube. I powered the modules right down and placed a piece of card in front of both the maxyzs and both had nice round dots (with a bit of a faint halo). Then I put the card in between bounce mirror and the PBS cube, still a nice dot. Then I put the card straight after the PBS cube and there the cross shines, but after it goes through the scanners it dissaprears, this is normall says chuck and there are ways of getting rid of it too. I'm not going to try and focus it, I'' probably break it ....

Here are some pics of the box ... I want to be buried in it when I die ...

Graham
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_2289.jpg  

IMG_2292.jpg  

IMG_2290.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by laserLips View Post
    it's so agonosing because it's taken so long to get here and now it's taking so long to put it together...gettng there though
    Dont rush. Take oyur time it will be worth the long wait I assure you.

Quote Originally Posted by laserLips View Post
    Here are some pics of the box ... I want to be buried in it when I die ...
    Ok so it sbig for a 'little' projector but bury you in it....I did not realise you were a midget

still you will be easy to spot at the meet - and we will be able to rest beer bottles on your head

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner

PS a hole to let the beams out will be a good idea or are you erring on the side of caution for safety!

Rob

I did not realise you were a midget

still you will be easy to spot at the meet - and we will be able to rest beer bottles on your head
    lolololol
    Actually I'm 6.2 but very flexile.

PS a hole to let the beams out will be a good idea or are you erring on the side of caution for safety!
    lolol
    I need some holes for fans also...havent got to that part yet, thast just where it sleeps while it's not on the operating table.
    The next stages will take place on Saturday...possible I'll have all three running, I'm hoping the blue and green wont be so hard but who knows.

Graham

Do you know where I can get a clock motor that turns 1 RPM of even less if its possible.

I've found loads but they are all quite expensive....
    I've seen somrhing in Maplins too, a gear shaft type thing but it has many exposed parts and lots of things to go wrong and also no less than 4 RPM.....

I've got one of theo bumpy glass discs and I;ve tested it just holding it adn I LOVE the effect.

Graham

Graham

The cross on the Maxyz is quite normal and really quite un-noticable under normal usage. The reason it's a 'cross' is that each laser produces a slight line in line with its polarisation, hence you have one line vertical and one line horizontal corrosponding with the polarisation. This is a 'feature' (?) peculiar to diode lasers.

It looks like there may be some spare room in that box to fit some beer in it for the meet

Cheers

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Guys theres no way I can bring this with me....I'm comming up by train...