Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Laserman532 - Ferrari System - Life in the FAST lane!

Quote Originally Posted by 300EVIL View Post
    Cool story man! So... Did you make out better on the sale of the car than you would have made selling the system for cash?
    actually about the same money, I was selling that style system for around 75K$, but the car was a bunch of fun but also very stressful, I was constantly worried about being car jacked and I couldnt park it anywhere because I was worried about door dings. Took all of the fun out of it.

It is funny to look back at those times...because I am basically broke now, well not broke, but certainly not rich Live long enough...it comes & goes

Nice work Jon. You cant beat a good beam table for the effects you can achieve.

Quote Originally Posted by Laserman532 View Post
    actually about the same money, I was selling that style system for around 75K$, but the car was a bunch of fun but also very stressful, I was constantly worried about being car jacked and I couldnt park it anywhere because I was worried about door dings. Took all of the fun out of it.

It is funny to look back at those times...because I am basically broke now, well not broke, but certainly not rich Live long enough...it comes & goes
    I'd say you did quite well. Owning a Ferrari for 6 months for $4K (at least $1K for insurance) seems like a well executed deal. Yeah, I know what you mean. I have a exotic car as well and it mostly sits in the garage for fear of door dings and road hazards.

Here's my baby...

The 500E is a Mercedes hand built by Porsche. It's basically a 4-door sedan with a Le Mans racing engine under the hood. Total sleeper. Rare too!

humimina huminima huminima - Damn, I wish I hadnt spent all my money on lasers. I just love sports cars, this is more like a sedan rocket than a car. nice

Pics of the engine??
    Wow that is nice!
    \

humimina huminima huminima - Damn, I wish I hadnt spent all my money on lasers. I just love sports cars, this is more like a sedan rocket than a car. nice
    Thanks! It gives me a permagrin every time I get behind the wheel. It's the kind of vehicle that never stops pulling. I can be at 145 and the car is like, "Oh, you want more? No problem!" It'll top out at 187MPH but I've never personally had it that fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Lasernerd View Post
    Pics of the engine??
    Wow that is nice!
    \
    Thanks! Here are some pics of the M119 engine.

Sorry for the thread hijack Laserman!

You have to be kidding that motor is in your Mercedes?
    If so i want one!

sure beats my dad's old 200D Diesel,but it is so smooooth it takes awhile to get up to 70 but man it just keeps going faster and faster,I bought my dad a blaupunkt Berlin stereo to put in when I was in Germany,
    it has over 500K miles,,my dad has taken extreme good care of it years ago he machined a new output shaft for the trans.
    Last edited by Lasernerd; 12-27-2008 at 19:22.

no problem with hijack- that motor looks like something for a space ship.

Quote Originally Posted by Lasernerd View Post
    You have to be kidding that motor is in your Mercedes?
    If so i want one!

sure beats my dad's old 200D Diesel,but it is so smooooth it takes awhile to get up to 70 but man it just keeps going faster and faster,I bought my dad a blaupunkt Berlin stereo to put in when I was in Germany,
    it has over 500K miles,,my dad has taken extreme good care of it years ago he machined a new output shaft for the trans.
    Yeah, the 500E has a shorter manifold and no turbos though.. I plan on building up a 500E with twin turbos however. The engine is good for 1200HP.

Mercedes are great vehicles. I have 4 of them myself. The diesels last forever too. You should have your dad check out www.mercedesshop.com if he has not already. I'm a mod on that site. It's packed with great info on Mercs.

no problem with hijack- that motor looks like something for a space ship.
    I know, Right! It's all aluminum too! Actually weighs less than the original I6 engine the car was designed for. Unfortunately a set of ignition wires costs over $600 It takes 11 quarts of oil too!

Here's what it sounds like... http://media.putfile.com/Mercedes-500E-Engine-REV

Quote Originally Posted by 300EVIL View Post
    Yeah, the 500E has a shorter manifold and no turbos though.. I plan on building up a 500E with twin turbos however. The engine is good for 1200HP.

Mercedes are great vehicles. I have 4 of them myself. The diesels last forever too. You should have your dad check out www.mercedesshop.com if he has not already. I'm a mod on that site. It's packed with great info on Mercs.

I know, Right! It's all aluminum too! Actually weighs less than the original I6 engine the car was designed for. Unfortunately a set of ignition wires costs over $600 It takes 11 quarts of oil too!

Here's what it sounds like... http://media.putfile.com/Mercedes-500E-Engine-REV

That is soo sweet! what does it look like under that big plastic piece

that is a nice car,one of these days! My wife even said it looks nice