Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Laserman532 - Ferrari System - Life in the FAST lane!

Default Laserman532 - Ferrari System - Life in the FAST lane!

Here is another "old school" projector for you guys to have a gander at. One of my better machines that was a real GAS (get it) to build!

1-SP 2011 5 watt argon laser
    1-SP 2011 2 watt krypton laser
    1-Set of G120PD XY scanner pairs with blanking independent color modulation
    8-50/50 split gm-20 actuators each one independent color modulated
    1-Fiber Optic remote coupled XY scanner with blanking and color modulation
    1-Bumpy glass with prism split white light
    1-Cross Diffraction Grating with prism split white light
    1-Amiga Computer control built by LFI

208 VAC three Phase at 90 AMPS & 10 GPM water @ 60 PSI for 7 watts of balanced white light.

Lasers and power supplies were electrically isolated from image electronics.
    Clear plexiglas cover on top of the system so that everyone could see the inside workings of the beam table. (no stray reflections, all shielded)

After him seeing the system in my shop and he signed off on it, I walked him outside to his car, a Ferrari 308GTS. I was ooogling and gaggling over the car and made a joke that I would trade straight across the board for the car, and he said as if it was no big deal..."sure". I did the installation a few weeks later and we were at lunch and he slid the keys across the table to me and said "start off in second gear until the oil pressure reaches 100psi and dont rev it over 9000rpm and you will do just fine" Later I found out that it was the LEAST VALUED car in his collection. I sold it 6 months later for $72,000.00 when the insurance bill became due. ENJOY! There is NO END to what you guys can do!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ferarri System Covers on.jpg  

Ferarri System Covers off.jpg  

Ferarri Car 1.jpg  

Ferarri Car & Me.jpg  

awesome car

i mean nice laser
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Im with ya there Andy - the car is sexy and the laser - well just another beautiful piece of work

Keep 'em coming Pat!

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Default Small, belated 'present' for Laserman532 / Apollo... ;)

Hey Pat -

Quote Originally Posted by Laserman532 View Post
    ENJOY! There is NO END to what you guys can do!
    I've been meaning to post this for you for awhile, but being so busy TRYING to get that 'scratch' together (so'z I can some day show up with a nice, fat briefcase, and we can go 'do lunch', and then you end up 'smiling a LOT at the end', again, like in the great Ferrari story...' that the time has just slipped away...

Anyhoo, you'll notice I put you IN the 308, , though I know - you'd rather this be a photo of you on your NEW custom 'OCC' (or 'Deschutes County Choppers', anyway... with nice 'lime-green flames' but this is the best I can do - for now... I'M TRYIN' CAP'N!! I'M TRYIN'!!!

But seriously, Apollo, I mean, Pat thanks for hanging with us 'mortals' and giving your time and advice and inspiration and photonic-phriendship and totally rad pictures!!!

'09 looks promising...we'll see...I'll KIT...
    peace..
    j
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC08376.JPG  

....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Thumbs up

That is a beautiful Projector!!

Quote Originally Posted by dsli_jon View Post
    Hey Pat -

I've been meaning to post this for you for awhile, but being so busy TRYING to get that 'scratch' together (so'z I can some day show up with a nice, fat briefcase, and we can go 'do lunch', and then you end up 'smiling a LOT at the end', again, like in the great Ferrari story...' that the time has just slipped away...

Anyhoo, you'll notice I put you IN the 308, , though I know - you'd rather this be a photo of you on your NEW custom 'OCC' (or 'Deschutes County Choppers', anyway... with nice 'lime-green flames' but this is the best I can do - for now... I'M TRYIN' CAP'N!! I'M TRYIN'!!!

But seriously, Apollo, I mean, Pat thanks for hanging with us 'mortals' and giving your time and advice and inspiration and photonic-phriendship and totally rad pictures!!!

'09 looks promising...we'll see...I'll KIT...
    peace..
    j
    LOL nice work jon, Im now thinking of putting together my 168 white light system with the cobra yag and gettin one of those wacky pangolin computer system thingies and going on the road doing raves for beer or exticey.

Wow that is a very nice, and complicated looking beam table

That is indeed a very nice laser.
    Things have become a bit simpler nowadays (laser-wise, diode vs. gas)
    I've actually never seen a beam table in action irl

Hey 4D

Quote Originally Posted by FourDee View Post
    That is indeed a very nice laser....I've actually never seen a beam table in action irl
    Here's another 'Laserman' Museum-piece... http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...1&d=1200535034
    ...killer, eh?

Here's a post with a few other 'design' examples - they can even be rather small, like THIS one of our 532-rigs - you could easily fit a 3-4W DPSS / Diode Full-Color sys in the 'belly' of one of these - and still carry it by yourself... ...also, some quick vid clips as WHY full beam-table / scan-pair / fx projectors are - still - 'The Best' ... HERE and HERE and HERE

Quote Originally Posted by Laserman532 View Post
    LOL nice work jon, Im now thinking of putting together my 168 white light system with the cobra yag and gettin one of those wacky pangolin computer system thingies and going on the road doing raves for beer or exticey.
    Need a Tech?? Just lemme know when you plan to 'roll', Cap'n... I'll 'be there with bells on' and I'll even do the hose/feeder / beam-rail-alignment 'grunt work', whilst you round up the 'hotties' and 'Guinnesses'!

I mean it... call me up if/when you roll... ...Have extra-roadcases, will travel
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Cool story man! So... Did you make out better on the sale of the car than you would have made selling the system for cash?