Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: LASEVER 635nm 300mW

indeed, the power supply has written on it 5volts at 5amps butttttttt its not well regulated so it puts out around 6vdc (with laser load). When using the laser as a CW device, power it off a DAC not the included PS

Exclamation

The modulation leads of these lasers should NEVER be used with power from the supply. They need to be modulated from a DAC or a dedicated 5vdc max power source. 4 batteries with a 7805 regulator should do the trick on the cheap.
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

ive got mine hooked up to a computer psu giving out 5v at 20amp
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Smile

Good info in this thread. Yeah, I've noticed that same problem on a few other Lasever modules too. The PSU feeding the laser doesn't always put out an even 5 volts. Sometimes it's 5.5, or even 6 volts +, as George mentioned.

The crazy thing is that most of the lasers from Lasever come from the factory with the blanking leads connected to the DC PSU supply! That wouldn't be a problem if they were protected against over-voltage on the blanking leads (like the Maxyz modules are). But the way they're wired, if you leave them that way you can over-drive the laser and kill it. Sigh...

Glad to hear everything is OK now, Marc!

Adam

so could this be why mine went from 100mw to 80mw. i was running it for about two weeks with the ttl wires in them two screws??
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Quote Originally Posted by MechEng3 View Post
    4 batteries with a 7805 regulator should do the trick on the cheap.
    You could run in to problems there. 6v isn't going to allow the 7805 to properly regulate. The data sheet recommends a 2.5v overhead, so you will need a extra battery in there, or just use a 9v battery
    Last edited by dave; 01-26-2008 at 20:15. Reason: addition
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

Wink

I am sorry....forgot to mention that I usually have a lithium cell pack for modulation tests.....each cell is 3.2 vdc. I picked up a lot of them off fleabay.AA size w/o solder tabs.
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

Don't know if it is of any use to you, but I have had a Lasever 350mw 635nm in my projector. Had it in there for about a year and it has always been tip top. No problems apart from the inherent divergence and fatter beam that is associated with that wavelength.

In a club atmosphere that laser punches through thick smoke (Over zealous lighting guys in control) better than my green or blue lasers.

Lovely bit of kit for beamshows...

Mark

i would love to see this at the meet mate, as im interested in getting one
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

It will be there mate, same one I had last time in the old RGY.... Just had the projector case powder coated, so provided I don't go dropping a screwdriver in there and screwing anything up it will be there in its full glory