Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: LASEVER 635nm 300mW

The way I have fixed this problem may not be the quickest or indeed the best, there is probably an easier/faster way within each zone. But I haven't tested that and wouldn't want to give you a guessed answer.

There is a projector settings tab in each zone to set scanrate etc. Then there is an option in the bottom of the zone window to adjust other scanner settings and I believe there is an option there to tell that zone to ignore the overall projector settings. That may sort it out, but as I say I haven't yet tested that option, plus I'm working from memory here

The way I do it is: Right click the cue and select 'Edit Image Properties' from here you can adjust the scanrate of that specific cue. Also other parameters in there that you can adjust like colour and zone.

By the way,

Gottalovelasers: Apologies for hijacking your thread here...

yes real sorry

heres a new thread

http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...2204#post42204
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

LOL-

i was enjoying the convo actually. was learning a lot. so keep goin! insanity-
    you got a BAD ASS lookin laser system there! beautiful colors. i like the different colors you have in the second set of pics. (the weirder blues and browns and such...)

i am trying to decide between the FB3 and moncha DAC. which do you guys think would be better for a club environment??

and in both-
    is beam targeting simple?

i have both and my observations...

the fb3 is better for animations and moncha is better for beam shows.

thats my opinion
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

ok so is there a such thing as monchafb3?? or fbmoncha3?? or fmonchab3? or...aaah forget it, you see where im goin with that...

in moncha, is it easy and possible for beam tageting? meaning takin the mouse and simply moving a single beam to an area of the room to target a mirror?? i like that alot in "Full auto." but i have not used other softwares so not too sure if its as easy as that.

I have been using the FB3 for my shows mostly beams, to be honest I have never seen Moncha.

The real bonus with the FB3 is if you get Live Pro running on it... There are so many tricks you can do with it and every day you find something new. I have mine connected to two monitors (one is a touch screen) and a midi controller, so it really is setup for live performance.

However with all that said, the FB3 only has single ended outputs and runs on USB, I personally have little faith in USB as a protocol, so have opted for the QM2000. Very expensive, but is an amazing piece of kit and worth every penny.

Glad you enjoy my ramblings. Not sure where in the world you are, but if in the UK, look forward to seeing you at the meet?

Mark
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCN0824.JPG  

well yes you can click the mouse and move the projection around within the window. but it does not have mirror ball and bounce mirror targetting like the fb3 (livepro)

http://www.laser-man.co.uk/2006/inde...d=76&Itemid=31
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Quote Originally Posted by Insanity View Post
    I have been using the FB3 for my shows mostly beams, to be honest I have never seen Moncha.

The real bonus with the FB3 is if you get Live Pro running on it... There are so many tricks you can do with it and every day you find something new. I have mine connected to two monitors (one is a touch screen) and a midi controller, so it really is setup for live performance.

However with all that said, the FB3 only has single ended outputs and runs on USB, I personally have little faith in USB as a protocol, so have opted for the QM2000. Very expensive, but is an amazing piece of kit and worth every penny.

Glad you enjoy my ramblings. Not sure where in the world you are, but if in the UK, look forward to seeing you at the meet?

Mark
    livepro is an extra if you buy the fb3 and it can do everything you want plus more.

not that m slating it but its not very use friendly.

with moncha just hit auto and it will run thought everything in random order its great
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

There is a really good beamchaser in live pro which allows up to 64 beams per chase which is wicked if you have enough mirrors and time to line them all up. But that is a painstaking job, though the results are worth it.

I used to do a lot of festivals and weekenders, thing there is that there is usually not much fixed down to attach mirrors to. All the trussing is suspended on pulleys. Then once the bass starts pounding, all your mirrors go out of line and you feel like you have wasted an entire day setting the damned things up

I love live pro and would say it is user friendly, just picky about who its users are...