Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: LASEVER 635nm 300mW

thanks for the clarification DZ.

so, barring any massive "NOOO dont get the FB3 marc..." comment from anyone, i will be ordering this tomorow or tues.

WARNING-
    there will be PLENTY of questions once received and integrated! so, be prepared everyone !! im used to NML Full auto! so this is a WHOLE new world for me!!!
    Marc, I don't mean to put down the FB3 in any way as it really seems to be a nice platform, but if you could "splurge" for a full blown QM2K you may be MUCH happier. They are $1500 from Pangolin and may be cheaper from dealers. With a QM2K you can run the same software that the FB3 uses, plus you get Showtime, Lasershow Designer, AVS plugin, Asteroids, 300,000+ frames, around 100 preprogrammed shows, etc., etc. Its really a steal for $1500 in my opinion.

DZ-

i myself am going to be doing the qm2000 pangolin for *MY* company within a month or so. The FB3 is for the RGB system i am building and selling to a customer of mine. i am trying to make it as user friendly for them as i can. which is why i am going to do the FB3. 90% of what they will do is going to be beam work. graphics and or text is going to be a few and far between. and i have to train them on the FB3. which means i will need to learn it first to train THEM on it!
    and it seems as if there are more users here with pangolin systems than moncha or other entry level platforms. for when the time arrives that i have ten thousand questions i think i could receive more user support for the FB3

-Marc

Awesome! Glad to hear you'll be getting both then!

I love the FB3, but as the others say the QM2000 has far more functionality and it is its own computer on a board. So if Windows crashes for any reason, the QM keeps on going which is far safer when usede in public.

Like the decision to give the client a flashback and keep the QM for yourself...

Oh no... That last post has triggered me to become a senior member. Please read as senior citizen....More accurate

the liveQ that you get with fb3 has a few small errors in it.

simple stuff like drawing a white circle and there is a small bit missing when playing???

nothing major though
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

also what is pangolins range,

theres the fb3 which is basic and then qm2000??? is there different version of that?
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Quote Originally Posted by andy_con View Post
    also what is pangolins range,

theres the fb3 which is basic and then qm2000??? is there different version of that?
    Hi Andy

The QM2000 is the QM2000 full stop, it's basically a computer on a PCI card. It's the software that varies - there's Intro, basic and Pro with a different (or more advanced) set of features added to each version. If you don't intend actually making many shows of your own then 'Intro' is the way to go. Whichever package you buy you'll get all the frames (now 300,000+), approximately 100 complete shows along with AVS Winamp plugin's, asteroids, not forgetting of course Showtime and LD2000.

Even the intro version of LD2000 and Showtime are more than capable. It's also worth noting that you can upgrade on an a-la-carte basis, that is, you can just add bits to the software as you decide you require them, the abstract generators for-instance.

You'll get to see them all at the meet and have a play if you want

Cheers

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

My lasever P/S is 5v.

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    Hi Andy

The QM2000 is the QM2000 full stop, it's basically a computer on a PCI card. It's the software that varies - there's Intro, basic and Pro with a different (or more advanced) set of features added to each version. If you don't intend actually making many shows of your own then 'Intro' is the way to go. Whichever package you buy you'll get all the frames (now 300,000+), approximately 100 complete shows along with AVS Winamp plugin's, asteroids, not forgetting of course Showtime and LD2000.

Even the intro version of LD2000 and Showtime are more than capable. It's also worth noting that you can upgrade on an a-la-carte basis, that is, you can just add bits to the software as you decide you require them, the abstract generators for-instance.

You'll get to see them all at the meet and have a play if you want

Cheers

Jem

ah yes im with you.

so a future buy then
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat