Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: LASEVER 635nm 300mW

Default LASEVER 635nm 300mW

Just got a Lasever 300mW 635nM.

So far so good. (knocking on wood).

As i have no meter right now, i cant give exact numbers, but this is DEF putting out at lease 300mW.

1. packaging- NOT very happy about that. It arrived in a taped up "TNT Express" orange shipping bag. Dont get me wrong, the insulation and insides were intact. And there was some foam rubber insulating, but i think for an extra 3 pennies, a box for shipping products would be a VERY wise investment. Laser and power supply *WERE* bubble wrapped nice and tight. But i would have liked to seen A LOT more "cushioning." ESPECIALLY in a bag type of delivery method. Cardboard boxes at least absorb some minor shock and provide better weather insulating against hot and cold.

2. Arrival time- WOW!!!! I ordered on Jan 19. Payment was processed on the 21. Arrived TODAY. (Jan 24!!) I dont get my bank statements that fast and my bank is about 4 miles away!!! LOL...

3. Power Supply and Laser are BOTH mounted to a pretty hefty heat sink. There should be NO problems with this dissipating ANY heat. BUT- i prob will still mount a lil 12V fan.

4. I have now had the laser on for about 4 hours straight. and NO (visible anyway. again, i have no meter. ) degradation in light output. Heatsinks on BOTH the laser and power supply are barely even warm. i am going to wire it tonight to my full auto software to TTL blank it for a few hours and see if it still remains this bright.

(which brings me to this. Anyone have a handheld meter i can borrow? ill put a deposit on it or something so you know i wont run off with it or anything...???)

5. Beam diameter at aperture was about 3/16" which was ALOT better than i was imagining it was going to be. at approx 25-30' it was 1/4"

Lets just hope this stays a positive experience. so far, so good. (knocking on wood again.) David Wu at lasever has been EXCELLENT from even before the sale to during the sale and I am assuming if there *IS* a problem he will be just as supportive.

OK, OK, OK----

(Allthatwhchis was getting antsy with the "this post is useless without pics...")

PICS-
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails LSVR1.jpg  

LSVR2.jpg  

LSVR3.jpg  

LSVR4.jpg  

LSVR5.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by gottaluvlasers View Post
    Just got a Lasever 300mW 635nM.

So far so good. (knocking on wood).

As i have no meter right now, i cant give exact numbers, but this is DEF putting out at lease 300mW.

1. packaging- NOT very happy about that. It arrived in a taped up "TNT Express" orange shipping bag. Dont get me wrong, the insulation and insides were intact. And there was some foam rubber insulating, but i think for an extra 3 pennies, a box for shipping products would be a VERY wise investment. Laser and power supply *WERE* bubble wrapped nice and tight. But i would have liked to seen A LOT more "cushioning." ESPECIALLY in a bag type of delivery method. Cardboard boxes at least absorb some minor shock and provide better weather insulating against hot and cold.

2. Arrival time- WOW!!!! I ordered on Jan 19. Payment was processed on the 21. Arrived TODAY. (Jan 24!!) I dont get my bank statements that fast and my bank is about 4 miles away!!! LOL...

3. Power Supply and Laser are BOTH mounted to a pretty hefty heat sink. There should be NO problems with this dissipating ANY heat. BUT- i prob will still mount a lil 12V fan.

4. I have now had the laser on for about 4 hours straight. and NO (visible anyway. again, i have no meter. ) degradation in light output. Heatsinks on BOTH the laser and power supply are barely even warm. i am going to wire it tonight to my full auto software to TTL blank it for a few hours and see if it still remains this bright.

(which brings me to this. Anyone have a handheld meter i can borrow? ill put a deposit on it or something so you know i wont run off with it or anything...???)

5. Beam diameter at aperture was about 3/16" which was ALOT better than i was imagining it was going to be. at approx 25-30' it was 1/4"

Lets just hope this stays a positive experience. so far, so good. (knocking on wood again.) David Wu at lasever has been EXCELLENT from even before the sale to during the sale and I am assuming if there *IS* a problem he will be just as supportive.

OK, OK, OK----

(Allthatwhchis was getting antsy with the "this post is useless without pics...")

PICS-
    i want one...how much???

$500 with shipping. i havent put this under stress yet and obviously its only been running for 6-8 hours. but some of the past problems i have heard about form lasever were found out right away by people. (SOME...NOT all...)

i think testing tonight under modulation might show any problems (if theres going to be any)

-Marc

Thumbs up

Damn, that is a fatty beam there. It looks good in those pics. Are you going to try and collminate it?
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

i was thinking about it. is there a known method or collimator to purchase to tighten the beam??

Not really. You can use a rifle scope or a telescope from what I hear. However, there are no set rules for a set of lenses for a collimator...

$500 for a 653nm 300mw red

wow impressed
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Quote Originally Posted by mliptack View Post
    there are no set rules for a set of lenses for a collimator...
    Apart from the "halve the divergence, double the diameter and vice-versa" rule

Right, I meant in regards to which lenses to use

OUCH!!!

ok, after a frantic phone call form george (THAAAAANK YOUUUU!!!) it was brought to my attention that i guess the power supplys for lasever put out 6V as opposed to 5V which means this is obviously being overdriven. so me keeping it on for hours like i did was probably not the best thing in the world to do. so, FYI- DO NOT run these unmodulated direct for a long period of time!

perhaps david form lasever can confirm this???