Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bounce mirrors

Thanks for posting - just ordered a batch myself!
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Glad I could help out! I'll post pictures etc. when I get them

you could rip the mirror head from one of those old pattern projectors and make up a dmx controllable variable angle bounce mirror...

just a idea to throw out there

COOL idea, which leads me to another one:

Use some cheap radio control model servos and one of these

http://home.att.net/~northlightsyste...2toRCservo.htm

to create a whole effects box of DMX-controlled variable-angle bounce mirrors
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Don't expect to hit another bounce mirror after it - or at least with much accuracy. The sensors on stuff like that get you very close to where you want to be but its not as precise as a static mirror.

There are the moving head laser projectors which seem like an incredible product (I have never seen one in person) however, I would like to know how much more is invested into safety interlocks. I would imagine it would be hard to variance something like that. I do a lot of maintenance and repair work on moving head lighting fixtures. Its not uncommon to have one that is acting erratically due to a dirty or damaged sensor, slipping belt, bad control cable or broken motor.

-Max

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

I'll have a spectrophotometer adsorption scan of the guy's mirror stock in a few days. A sample piece of the overcoated AL ones held up to 30 minutes of 6 watts of doubled yag I was adjusting on a service call, with marginal blooming and no visual damage to the coating when power was increased to 10 watts for 2 minutes. (~ 20 khz rep rate, ~ 7nS pulse, 2mm diameter) NOT bad for a low cost coating, I'd say there is 5-10% loss to adsorption, guessing. Ill have a real measurement on Monday.

Steve Roberts
    Last edited by mixedgas; 04-11-2008 at 10:45. Reason: tyip, who can tyip?

[QUOTE=mliptack;47722]Don't expect to hit another bounce mirror after it - or at least with much accuracy. The sensors on stuff like that get you very close to where you want to be but its not as precise as a static mirror.

This would be much better then servos, Eaton doesnt make crap. I doubt I would use it in a varianced show, but for a toy, the price is right

http://www.goldmine-elec-products.co...?number=G16067

Steve Roberts

Steve - its interesting that you linked to that. I was thinking instead of ripping apart a DMX operated lighting fixture - you could just go to the junk yard and rip off an automatic mirror like that.

Just got 2 test mirrors for this guy. Great mirrors. But looks like USPS doesn't use turtles anymore. Just heard that their fired all their turtle delivery stuff and hired a bunch of snails. Actually I just designed a new USPS logo. If anybody from USPS would be interested it's for sale!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails USPS.jpg  

I hired an Italian guy to do my wires. Now they look like spaghetti!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Laser View Post
    Just got 2 test mirrors for this guy. Great mirrors. But looks like USPS doesn't use turtles anymore. Just heard that their fired all their turtle delivery stuff and hired a bunch of snails. Actually I just designed a new USPS logo. If anybody from USPS would be interested it's for sale!
    I see your new logo is perfect for a autotrace program. Do I see a new commecial in laser coming for the US SNAIL, ?

which is usually faster then UPS these days.

Steve