Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Needed: 473/100 mW

Default Needed: 473/100 mW

I'm finally ready to start the search for blue.. Looking (of course) to spend the least amount but good quality; CNI, Vashio, Lasever (if their issues are resolved)
    Even a used one if not too many hours on it..
    Thanks,
    Steve

Cool

A new 100 mw Lasever blue will run you $750 or so.
    A new 100 mw Laser Wave blue will run right at grand.
    A new 100 mw CNI is about $50 to $100 more than the Laser Wave unit.

Your call as to which way you want to go. Personally, I didn't have a choice. I couldn't afford anything other than the Lasever, and even that was stretching things. So far no problems with the latest one they sent me; maybe they really did fix their problems...

Adam

Thanks Adam,
    Looks like a Lasever for me too unless some of the PMs I got back from some people will undercut or equal the price.. How's your new (or repaired) one doing/ how long have you had it back?
    -Steve

Smile

Hey Steve-O;

I've had my unit for about 6 weeks now. I've probably put 40 hours on it. So far, so good. No stability issues, and the beam quality is every bit as good as the others. (Which is to say, excellent.)

The other Lasever owners I've spoken to have all had their replacement blue lasers for longer than I have. (Some of them have had theirs for as long as 4 months) Thus far none of them has reported a problem.

Adam

Adam,
    Thats good news man..
    There's a small purchase of these and I'm hopping on board. Hope all goes well. 700+ dollars is alot to drop (especially 'cause I dont even have a flat panel tv yet .. but the laser bug bit years before flat panel anything was even heard of so....
    priorities..ya know. gotta get a rgb going B4 the kegger yard party out in the sticks in May..
    Happy Dayz Man, Hope yur week goes well,
    -S

I got my lasever back about a month and a half after SELEM and its been doing fine. Of course, I say this just as I'm about to turn on the projector

I just got a very competitive offer from Bridge, so now it's a dilemma..
    Gotta sleep on it..zzz...
    Lemme know how it goes Dave..

I'm sure you wont be disappointed

Good luck with your search

Luke
    S-KY LASER
    www.skylaser.cn

Thumbs up 473 Blue Laser

Thank you all for your many good inputs, suggestions and PMs on this thread. With a purchace of this magnitude 3 thoughts come to mind.. "He who hesitates is lost", "Haste makes waste" and "Patience is a virtue"- I'm choosing the latter 2 and taking my time.. I hope I'm not making a mistake, because I've received some really good offers within the last week..
    I hope that I make a good choice and will definitely publish the results in detail for those who need to know.
    Cheers-
    -Steve-o