Thread: Advise on the many 808nm Diodes

Default Advise on the many 808nm Diodes

Hi guys

Looking for advise on the 808nm Range of laser diodes.

And what is the difference with all the Diodes.

Example...

Fast axis Lens , Narrow stripe , Vertical Cavity , Single Emmiter , FAP , Element conduction-cooled diode Laser bar , Femto second , M2 diode`s ....

Default 808nm diodes

I forgot to add

Microlens diodes.

Hi Star
    if you are talking microlensed then you are probly looking at C-mount - is that right?
    Or the flat types that I think SDL do - these may be called A-mount but I may be talking through my arse. I dont think ive seen these with a u-lens but thats not to say its not possible.
    The main differences are obviously the power rating and wavelength (how wide a tolerance they are spec'd with may determing how suitable they are for your app.). The other factor is the stripe width. This determines how small a spot you can achieve with optics. What are you planning to use it for? i.e. green? blue? how much vis output do you want? as these questions will help you get the right sort of pump you need.

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk