Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: General Pangolin chat

Would be interested to see that...

I had an Alphalite to start with, then Mamba on an Easylase, then Live Pro on an FB3 and as of tomorrow Live Pro on a QM2000. There can't be many control solutions I haven't owned now... My bank manager must hate me...

i am the offical camera man for the day, i can video it no problem
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Will I get Royalties?

how about a big mention on my site
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Fame at last...

Smile

Insanity;

When you get your QM-2000 up and running, be sure to check out the AVS Laser visualizer plug-in for Winamp. It allows you to use AVS-style presets to control the QM-2000 board. So you get real-time LASER visualizations of the music. (It uses the Winamp AVS beat-detection engine.) It is *seriously* cool, and reminds me of what a good operator could accomplish using Live Pro, but in this case it's completely automatic. (And *DAMN* is it fun to watch!)

You can even use the linein: plugin to allow the beat detection engine to monitor the line-in port on your computer rather than having to play the music from Winamp itself. I can see this being a real boon for commercial shows where you've got a DJ mixing records all night... Just jack into the main mixing board, and poof! You've got a fully-automatic, beat-syncronized, full color laser show! Amazing...

Oh, and then there's always ASTEROIDS! (yeah, the QM-2000 comes with Pangolin's fully-legal version of the hit vector graphics game "Asteroids" that Atari released back in the early 80's.) Very cool stuff. You haven't lived until you've played a video game on a wall or a ceiling!

Adam

The beat stuff sounds very interesting. I always have a 5am lul when doing shows. thing is it will really show up my live performance, I can see club owners saying to me, "Why was your show so much better at 5am than the rest of the night?"

I have Live Pro for the QM2000 coming as well, so should be fully kitted out and very broke..

Generally stuff I do ends at 6am. By about 5 the eyelids are getting heavy, so this would allow me to rest a while and still look like I'm working... If only there was only something like that I could use in the office in my real job

Asteroids is one of the things I am really looking forward to, projecting it on the side of my house sounds like a plan to me...

Quote Originally Posted by Insanity View Post
    fully kitted out and very broke..

GREAT T-SHIRT IDEA!!!
    (you'll find out who the true laser-friendly chicks are real quick!)

...wish I could come to the UK for the meet (or even FLEM), but I'll be in Ecuador, where it's bananas for breakfast, lunch and dinner!

cheers...
    - J
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

cheers..

- J

...oh yeah - PL-smiley laser image, courtesy DZ
    peace out..
    J
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PL_T.jpg  

....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Love it and I want one, only thing is, I can't afford it any more