Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: General Pangolin chat

Default General Pangolin chat

The way I have fixed this problem may not be the quickest or indeed the best, there is probably an easier/faster way within each zone. But I haven't tested that and wouldn't want to give you a guessed answer.

There is a projector settings tab in each zone to set scanrate etc. Then there is an option in the bottom of the zone window to adjust other scanner settings and I believe there is an option there to tell that zone to ignore the overall projector settings. That may sort it out, but as I say I haven't yet tested that option, plus I'm working from memory here

The way I do it is: Right click the cue and select 'Edit Image Properties' from here you can adjust the scanrate of that specific cue. Also other parameters in there that you can adjust like colour and zone.
    i see, you will have to explain all this to me at the meet.

least im not the only one who thought this and im glad you know what im talking about.

cos all beams shows you want at 100% size but you want the scan rate down to 15K and for animations you want small angle and 30k scan rate
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

I will gladly show you anything I can at the meet

I run all my beams at about 30k and then drop the scanrate for effect. Such as a nice smooth liquid sky dropping the scanrate to make laser fingers type effect with the beat of the music. Looks quite a cool effect.

Live Pro has lot's of hidden features and you need to spend a lot of time with it to get the best out of it. Truly amazing piece of software.

Anyhow, I intend to spend the whole day at the meet this time, so will have plenty of time to show you anything I can...

yes i have spent a little time on live pro, but it does not seem to have much in the way of beam shows. its more animations and abstract stuff.

i turn my scan rate down to 15k for beam shows as i run the angle at 100%.

im intending on being first there and one of the last there again
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

I tend to create my own beamshows and atmospherics.

Copy any cue into a blank slot and select 'Edit Animation' you can then delete all files from the animation and start a fresh, if you put some thought into it you can create some amazing stuff...

Cool

Andy;

Live Pro has *tons* of beam-show abilities. You just need to load the right frames.

Believe me, once you see all the things you can do with Live Pro, you'll shit yourself! Bill Benner did a mini-tutorial on Live Pro at our last Laser Meet in Florida, and I was awestruck by all the different ways you could manipulate frames.

Fortunately, Insanity will be able to demo a lot of these functions at your UKLEM. I think you'll be a lot happier with the software after that!

Adam

kool look forward to some help at the meet then
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Quote Originally Posted by Buffo View Post
    Andy;

Live Pro has *tons* of beam-show abilities. You just need to load the right frames.

Believe me, once you see all the things you can do with Live Pro, you'll shit yourself! Bill Benner did a mini-tutorial on Live Pro at our last Laser Meet in Florida, and I was awestruck by all the different ways you could manipulate frames.

Fortunately, Insanity will be able to demo a lot of these functions at your UKLEM. I think you'll be a lot happier with the software after that!

Adam
    all the stuff ive got with livepro seems to be like abstract stuff, which isnt great for beam shows.

and a tutorial would be great, kevin did show me some stuff but i forgot lol
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Sure thing, I am happy to show you a couple of tricks... Busmans holiday for me... I am a trainer in my real life

kool cheers

ill have moncha so you can have a play with that if you download the software from there site.

its free
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Cool

Videotape it this time - especially when Insanity is running his setup.

I don't have Live Pro yet, but from what little I've seen of it, I already can tell that it is hands-down the best live-play software out there. Better than Showrider Live (which comes with the LA Studio software for the FB3), better than Full Auto, and better than Showtime Live (which is the standard live player that comes with the Pangolin QM-2000 board).

In fact, you can do the same automatic effects that you were talking about (the one's that Moncha supports) in Live Pro as well. But you can do *so* much more. You can layer effects upon other effects. You can tie them to the beat detection engine too, which frees you up so you can create more magic. You can even layer frames (with their own series of effects) upon other frames with *different* effects.

In fact, one of the things that Bill cautioned us about is getting too carried away and loosing track of all the effects and frame tracks that you have running! But yeah, the software will pretty much allow you to do whatever you can envision.

If you can't videotape the demo, maybe you can at least record the audio... That will go a long way towards helping you learn all the tricks behind the software. (I know I wish I had recorded Bill's little demo that he did for us! Even though I don't have Live Pro, it would have been smart to capture the info for others...)

Adam