Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: UKLEM - Live link

Default UKLEM - Live link

Hi Guys
    You may remember some time ago I published a link to a live video stream from my home while I was playing shows on my projector. Well subject to us finding an internet connection on site - which Mark seems to think we will have - I am going to take a PC to the UK meet and stream a live video feed of the event - So all you guys on the other side of the pond (or indeed anywhere else) can see what we are up to and what you are missing!
    I have all the kit and I will publish a link later this week of a page where you will be able to view the cam on the day.
    As I said its subject to internet so keep ya fingers crossed

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Thumbs up

Great idea man. I had hoped to try the same thing at FLEM but never did get to it to test it out. drlava and I got the netmeeting thing to work OK, but it was only two connections. Are you going to do it the same way you did before, or make it interactive through a program like netmeeting or a instant messanger?
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

It will be just like before so it will be a static cam - may move it once or twice during the day - but essentially fit and forget

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner

Your efforts have paid off then Rob

Let's keep our fingers crossed that there is a fast connection

Cheers

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

awesome good work rob
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

IT just get's better! Nice one!
    Move toward the light!

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Talking

I can't help recalling that this wasn't mooted until after the GIMP suit was mentioned.
    I'm getting twitchy.

If I walk in, the door slams behind me and the music from The Blue Oyster Bar starts blasting out, I'm outta there !!

What you dont realise is that all this talk of Pangolin t shirts - its code for inflatable rubber suites - and the ballon pop idea...well you get the picture. Oh I must remember to ensure the vat of baby oil will arrive on time

Rob

Webcam has been tested and configured and is likely to be on test on Thursdsay evening - if anyone would like to go on and test - the link for the test and for the day will be as in the past

www.stanwax.plus.com/webcam.html

lets hope the internet is available

Rob

Live link operational for a test please drop by and try it out
    time here is 9:15pm will be on for an hour or so

Rob