Thread: Fitting & wiring NORM's DAC into my scanner

Default Fitting & wiring NORM's DAC into my scanner

Firstly I built up the DAC board as per the instructions from Norm. I cut a suitable slot into the back of my scanner case and fitted the rearward protruding 25pin ILDA socket into it and secured it with screws. This turned out to be strong enough to be able to fully hold the weight of the board and I didn't need to secure the board any other way.

I cut down 2 printer socket nut/bolts from the back of an old PC to secure the board to the rear ally plate.

The whole board fitted snug in between the back plate and the cooling fan.

I then started to add the wiring starting with the Bipolar 15+/- supply from the original scanner supply. I did purchase Norm's 15+/- supply but didn't need it in the end as the one in the scanner was more than capable of running the DAC and the rest of the components together.

I decided to take all the wiring back to a 4pole 2 way switch that I purchased from RS and have it switchable between the DAC and the original on board DMX 128x graphics generator. I did this simply by switching over the R+, G+, X+ & Y+ input's to the Galvo amps from the DAC and the DMX board. I tied all the - lines together and grounded the lot to one point.

All the wires waiting to be connected to the wafer switch segment.

The wiring from and to the DAC.

The DMX graphics generator board.

The wafer switch now wired.

When the rest of the switch arrives from RS, it will be fitted through this hole and will switch between the DAC and the original graphics generator.

--------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

I have tried it with NLS and Popelscan and it seems to work OK apart from the Red not blanking with NLS which is soon to be addressed by Norm I am reliably informed

Upon further inspection, Popelscan also seems to give slight blanking irregularities but I will have a look when I get more time.

Watch this space
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

nicely done mate
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat