Thread: LD2000 will not install

Default LD2000 will not install

Hi,

I received my LD2000 this morning and have tried three times to install it and every time when I come to run it get the error message "Component comdlg32.ocx or one of its dependancies not correctly registered A file is missing or invalid"

This is on a completely fresh install of Windows XP Professional with service pack two. Never been connected to the Internet or anything..

Any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks

Generally when I'm missing a dll/ocx/whatever-file I just download it and put it in some randomly (well, almost) selected directories. %systemroot%\System32 is usually a good bet as it contains so many dll files.

Here's a more specific solution to your general problem... including the missing file: http://windowsxp.mvps.org/comdlg32.htm

I don't think you will need to restart or register the ocx file, just put it in your system32 folder and it should work fine.

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Thumbs down

I'd let Bill at pangolin or one of his minions know about that right away, they go out of their way to make a flawless install. MS probably changed something and they didnt know about it yet.

Steve Roberts

Default Up and running

Hey guys,

Thanks for your replies...

I contacted Bill at Pangolin and he replaced the files for me. It is now running a treat. And what an amazing piece of kit it is!!!

I can't think of anything else to say other than WOW!!!!!!! My mind is blown..

Mark

Smile

Hey Mark;

Have you tried the Winamp Laser Visualization plug-in yet?

Adam

Hey Adam,

Not yet, I am trying to control myself

I had the projector casing powder coated and am now in the process of rebuilding it all nice and neat...

Temporarily connected it all last night and watched in awe at a couple of the built in shows... But am now concentrating on the rebuild... Or at least trying to

I have a big show tomorrow night and of course UKLEM on Sunday, so really want it looking the part.. Also, I am waitng for Bill to get back to me with my Live Pro license..

Hopefully tonight I will have it all built and then will emerse myself in the whole Winamp thing..

But even watching the shows with no sound blew me away, can't wait to get it all finished... Must be patient, must be patient... Well I'm trying

someone is giddy with antici...
    pation

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mt7JrRHro3U

Almost finished the rebuild... soon be time to play... woo hoo