Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Buyer Beware!!! DSLI Jon Take Note!!!

blimey it looks like it was found in a garbage can, why would anyone treat a laser like that i have never seen so many knocks and scratches on what could be a nice laser system, i know its what inside that counts but you would have thought the prevoius owners would have looked after it a bit better concidering the price to buy something like that or is it just me.

My original post was just a heads up if you may be bidding on this item. Most people here seem very nice and I didnt want anyone here to be ripped off. If you are willing to take the chance that is your gig, but i feel it necessary to at least offer the "carpenters rule" "Measure twice, cut once"

clandestiny is offline Eleventy-Billion Watt Ar/Kr >:)
    somewhere between orlando and san antonio

Laserman- Yes we be cool - life can be too short-

I wanted to mention that pcaom auction as well- I think he is selling a 8 channel driver with an incorrect crystal- based on the picture and tag information- that is just a single line aom-

someone is going to be very diassapointed-

usually a pcaom crystal will say " pcaom 10 " or "pcaom 5 " or the like-
    I could be wrong but I was suspicious of that crystal from the get-go
    go big or go home

and yes adam, you fool, it would be so easy to change the optics- "of which he metioned are hard sealed- an in the same breath he mention changing them "
    Don't you have all the afformentioned nessesary gear to do this? what kind of laser moth are you anyway- LOL

LOL very funny posts LOL
    go big or go home

This is a very old artwork. It was circling internet and BBSes since the beginning of time. Someone just trace it and use it on laser projector. I have an original somewhere. I think it's an artwork of one of "scene" computer artists of 1991-93
    I hired an Italian guy to do my wires. Now they look like spaghetti!

Quote Originally Posted by mixedgas View Post
    The test to see if the glove box is good, is to take a 100 watt light bulb , knock the glass off, power it up in the glove box and see how long it stays running. Not a easy test to pass.
    So how long would you expect it to run if the glove box was good? Seems really interesting!

Default Here was a question asked and the answer of a MAD MAN!

Q: You mention that yellow can be produced by altering the optics. Could you be more specific--have you changed the optics on this guy, and do you include the yellow set? Thanks. Jan-27-08 A: I dont know why I forgot about this GREAT feature. So sorry I did not mention it but thanks for this ooporunity to publish another good thing about this laser. This lasers uses sealed optice! PArt of the tube. THe optics are sealed to the stems at the ends of the tube so ther eis NO chance for contamination or dirt to get on the inside of the optic...AND, here is the one I liked, they dont go out of alignment. The tubes are bascially bent or aligned at the factory and even a sharp drop does not put the potics out of alignment. Basically there is no tuning mechanism, so the user does not need to peak. The optics I was referring to was like a dicro or any extrenal optic to allow green and red to pass through while blocking blue. I wanted power form this laser so I requested no yellow in the optic (althoguh I see a little) so there is no competition and trhe power goes up. I was making yellow with a NEOS A/O, which by the way, I also have on ebay for sale today at item # 110218736294 If you can use a 8 channel A/O that has a 10 watt crystal, this is going to be a good deal. thanks for lettering me post this information. So sorry I forgot to tell everyone. P

Quote Originally Posted by Laserman532 View Post
    I dont know why I forgot about this GREAT feature. So sorry I did not mention it but thanks for this ooporunity to publish another good thing about this laser....I wanted power form this laser so I requested no yellow in the optic...thanks for lettering me post this information. So sorry I forgot to tell everyone.
    ...I saw the following 'reenactment' of a sticker that had been slapped on the outside of a Toll Booth, while traveling on the NYS Thruway for a gig one time - One of the best pieces of 'graffiti art' I have ever seen...I guess it must have been someones' brilliant 'reply' to a 'cranky operator' experience one day (???)... I 'cried' for nearly 20 minutes...

...just too bad I can't swap it in for one of his 'photos' on the auction(s)...

Hack.

peace..
    - J
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PR_Logo.jpg  

....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

LOL, the tube is pre bent at the factory for maximum performance-

Believe it or not , the unit has also been made for sale in "other" professional circles-
    we'll see who picks it up-

Then perhaps they can find this forum and be consoled over their loss LOL
    go big or go home

Default Every time i see this listing i find something even more retarded.

Q: hello, can you tell me if this is a Tem00 laser? i am interested in doing holography with it. thanks, Gary D.

Jan-27-08 A: real tight. This is a TEM 00 gausian beam wiht a beam diamter no more and 1.5-2 mm and a divergence of about 1.5 millirad. Excellent beam quality and very stable for holography.

Ok, now Im no friggin rocket scientist and even a less of a laser scientist, but the last time i checked...not only do you need a single wavelength for holography but the laser also has to be single frequency with little or no drift WHATSOEVER!!! He says "excellent beam quality and very stable for holography" GOD I feel sorry for the person that ends up with this POS.