Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Buyer Beware!!! DSLI Jon Take Note!!!

Default Holy Crap!!! When Did I Receive...

SENIOR MEMBER STATUS???? BOW DOWN MINNIONS!!!!! Well at least the minnions with less post than me...

Quote Originally Posted by Laserman532 View Post
    SENIOR MEMBER STATUS???? BOW DOWN MINNIONS!!!!! Well at least the minnions with less post than me...

So if we have to bow down to you ... what the heck do we do in the presence of Adam (Buffo).. at 2000 plus posts.
    Here in NZ he would be called a Kaumatua (like .. wise old man !! er sorry about the old)

Ray

Whilst we are on the subject of dodgy lasers being sold on Ebay, i found out that this is not new at all

i came accross an amazing fact last week ..... and this is not one of my jokes

this is from the EBAY Wiki ....

The online auction web site was founded in San Jose, California on September 3, 1995 by French-born Iranian computer programmer Pierre Omidyar as AuctionWeb,[1] part of a larger personal site that included, among other things, Omidyar's own tongue-in-cheek tribute to the Ebola virus.[2]
    The very first item sold on eBay was a broken laser pointer for $14.83. Astonished, Omidyar contacted the winning bidder and asked if he understood that the laser pointer was broken. In his responding email, the buyer explained: "I'm a collector of broken laser pointers."[3] The frequently repeated story that eBay was founded to help Omidyar's fiancée trade PEZ Candy dispensers was fabricated by a public relations manager in 1997 to interest the media. This was revealed in Adam Cohen's 2002 book[2] and confirmed by eBay.
    full artical here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EBay

all the best ..... Karl

Quote Originally Posted by Pitts View Post
    So if we have to bow down to you ... what the heck do we do in the presence of Adam (Buffo).. at 2000 plus posts.
    Um... Throw money maybe? (Preferably 50's and 100's!)

Just kidding! And I don't know about the "wise old man" part. I'll agree with the "old" part though. I'm only 41, but I feel a hell of a lot older than that. (Which is damn peculiar, since up until about 5 years ago I still felt like I was in my 20's...) Shit. Getting old sucks...

The forum software grants you senior member status once you roll over 100 posts. The old system had a series of levels that you could progress through, but some people figured it was a game to see how high you could go, and thus sometimes the quality of the posts suffered.

Then too, just because someone has only a few posts doesn't mean they don't have anything good to say. Some of the most knowledgeable members here have less than 500 posts. And likewise, just because someone has a lot of posts (like I do), that doesn't mean they're a guru. It might just be that they suffer from verbal diarrhea!

Adam