Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Buyer Beware!!! DSLI Jon Take Note!!!

Default Buyer Beware!!! DSLI Jon Take Note!!!

Question

Why are we bewaring? Looks like an interesting little box there. 75+80+150 doesn't make 400mW though.
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

clandestiny is offline Eleventy-Billion Watt Ar/Kr >:)
    somewhere between orlando and san antonio

The beware comes on the note that the seller has a questionable history at best- based on some professionals here who know him
    go big or go home

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by clandestiny View Post
    The beware comes on the note that the seller has a questionable history at best- based on some professionals here who know him
    considering its only showing gain on the 3 main lines, no yellow and no violet or secondary blues/greens, I'd get a warrenty on that one ! Since when is 647 called 635?

Steve

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by mixedgas View Post
    Since when is 647 called 635?
    I noticed that as well. After I read that I wrote the whole acution off as a scam. If the guy doesn't even know the wavelengths that his laser is producing, how the hell can we believe anything else he says in the auction. (Especially since he writes it as if he knows all about the unit.)

I love the part where he says "You can get yellow if you change the optics".... Um, yeah, right. Care to tell me how you're going to change the optics when they are HARD SEALED TO THE TUBE? What a moron. (Or scam artist, take your pick.)

Adam

Thumbs down

Hey Kap'n...

Quote Originally Posted by Laserman532 View Post
    Buyer Beware!!! DSLI Jon Take Note!!!
    THANK YOU!!!!! And I came SOooo close to BUYING it!! - I just thought it was an old, beat-up FOG MACHINE...

Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis View Post
    Why are we bewaring? Looks like an interesting little box there.
    Hey Aaron,

Yep, sure does... and I'd stake my PL-account on it being in SOME form, horse$#!*... just re-read the guys' description + Q&As (besides the fact that it reads like you are listening to a cheezy radio-jockey) - "We are a proffesional laser company (yeah, that can't even SPELL, let alone put on a REAL laser show...) and I was good friends with the president of Laser Physics" (WAS being the key word...).. "ANd yes, we used it ALL the time in arenas and coliseums such as yours" (uh, yeeah - even full-bore, this wouldn't even barely SHOW UP in Mellon Arena!! ...But, maybe, it will be a good thing if this guy 'takes' the Penguins on this 'deal' - then he'd finally get that 'long-time-coming' hockey-stick shoved up his...) "...even a sharp drop does not put the potics out of alignment" (Potics. well, I guess bad spelling does come from all-one-finger typing (cause his other hand is too busy)...

Sorry, Aaron, don't mean to be 'libelous' or seem 'negative' but this guy is just THE KING of ALL HACKDOM... I am actually surprised there is no DUCT TAPE on the laser!!! And/or cat hair!

Besides, can you REALLY trust a guy who steals most if not all of his pix...

...and yeah, Steve..

Quote Originally Posted by mixedgas View Post
    considering its only showing gain on the 3 main lines,...Since when is 647 called 635?
    ...what is to say those 3-line shots are even FROM this laser?? How 'bout showing us a beam coming out of it, into the "metere" (what is he using a YARDSTICK to measure laser power? how much it burns?? ) - doing 400mW?? - How about SHOWING us those "less than 1000 hours" on the digital hour-meter on this HAMMERED-looking head... What, was this thing doing light shows in a washing machine??? (...god, I am turning into dennis leary.....I wish ..)

Yeah, and THIS...

...is a 1 Watt NOT a 10 Watt Crystal! - Below is a 10W crystal - check the serials... (yes, ok, the sticker COULD BE wrong, etc. but you'd THINK he'd make SURE to check that first, right?)

And please, correct me if I am wrong, but with this laser having "sealed optics", you'd LIKELY NOT have internal brewsters (right?), and so, no brewsters = no polarization, so using this with a PCAOM (like he is desperately trying to entice everyone to DO, here..), out of his listed 305mW, you'd be doing real good to get 50-75mW out of it...

Hack.

Thanks, Pat...I hope nobody here gets taken... But then again, maybe I should not be so 'hard on him' - after all, he DOES need the money... it's gotta be real tough paying off a $750K settlement for BLINDING SOMEONE... (Ps guys like Skipp, (UV99LASER) Pat, Marcus (Tribal Existance) know more of the ASTONISHING Hack-stories from this guy... like laughing while making peoples' suit-jackets 'smoke' with 6+W of direct-Argon beams...

Whoops. I didn't say that...

peace out...

- J
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC07804.JPG  

....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Quote Originally Posted by clandestiny View Post
    Clandestiny, very diplomatic there, much more diplomatic than i can sometimes be hope we be cool, i was having a bad day...

Quote Originally Posted by Buffo View Post
    I noticed that as well. After I read that I wrote the whole acution off as a scam. If the guy doesn't even know the wavelengths that his laser is producing, how the hell can we believe anything else he says in the auction. (Especially since he writes it as if he knows all about the unit.)

I love the part where he says "You can get yellow if you change the optics".... Um, yeah, right. Care to tell me how you're going to change the optics when they are HARD SEALED TO THE TUBE? What a moron. (Or scam artist, take your pick.)

Adam
    Adam, it is easy to change the optics, first you need a glass lab, pump down station, oh...about 200K worth of very sophisticated gas diagnostic equipment and very good test equipment, then you change the optics.

Cool

Laserman;

HAHAHA! Priceless...

The sad part is that people are bidding on the guy's stuff. Hope they know what they're in for.

Adam

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by Laserman532 View Post
    Adam, it is easy to change the optics, first you need a glass lab, pump down station, oh...about 200K worth of very sophisticated gas diagnostic equipment and very good test equipment, then you change the optics.
    I've got the turbo/ion pumpdown station (7x10-9 torr) , the gas, the glass, even the induction heater to melt the frit seals for the mirrors, but I wouldnt try it it without the gas diagnostics. I have the correct optics, 250$ each per optic. I can do through the resivoir pumps on coherents or SPs, but if I have to do a lexel or ALC I borrow a station 575 miles away that has diagnostics , its THAT critical if you want to sell it as working because of possible slow leaks, the alternative is run the daylights out of it before you sell it and pray all your welds are perfect. If you have a bad weld and contaiminate it, you got to redo everything you just did to get it working, So aint nobody short of Evergreen, Sp, Coherent DZlaser, Cambridge, Melles, or National gonna do it in this country and put a warrenty on it. I'd add JDSU, but it looks like all their tubes are made in Singapore now. I dont think the other fellow in CA does sealed mirror. I'm about to switch a sealed mirror tube to a brewster for a university, that is in dire straights and needs red instead of UV, and the only way I can get away with that is it has standard vacuum flanges and I can fill the tube with argon via the refill system before it sees air, but even the window swap is done in a borrowed argon glove box that would not fit in a pickup truck. The test to see if the glove box is good, is to take a 100 watt light bulb , knock the glass off, power it up in the glove box and see how long it stays running. Not a easy test to pass.

So ha ha ha ha yeah right, I might give him $100.01 for it as is, untested. might make a good lumia for a planetarium though.
    (

NEOS did make a dual PCAOM assembly for randomly polarized lasers for a few customers who had 20-30 watt sealed mirror Innova Sabres, but it didnt exactly catch on.

Steve
    Last edited by mixedgas; 01-29-2008 at 11:27.